Local Fish Stores of Phoenix

Has anyone been to Something in the Water way out west? It is actually the closest LFS to my house per the listing here so Id be interested in seeing peoples opinions on the place. The web site looks decent but doesnt really show or describe what they carry.

My next option is TT and then start heading further east. I dont mind the travel but if there is something just as good that is closer....

Is Discount Aquarium good?

Yes, very, although right now they are remodeling. They are not a high budget, million dollar display type store, they are a in it to make it affordable store. They buy and sell used equipment, and have lots of livestock and coral, although now, like I mentioned, things are a bit low and torn up as they remodel.

Which store would be the biggest and have the most tanks available on the showroom to pick from if i wanted to get a big RR tank that day?
I'm thinking Aquarium Arts? Maybe Aquatouch, but AA usually has the most on the floor that I can think of.

Not knowing the east side stores, Ocean Floor, at I 17 and Thomas is an old converted skating rink, giant building, and has everything from obscene sized tanks to 5 gallon tanks, and will even do the 90 day, 4 equal payment thing if it is over a certain amount (1500 I think, I haven't used it)

I would definitely say OF has more actually tanks in stock to choose from than AT, I think OF even had some of the Red Sea all-in-one systems last time(months ago). Thing about ocean floor is their dry goods selection and tanks are awesome, their livestock area leaves something to be desired, for salt anyway.

I havent been to Aquarium Arts yet so I cant say there.

Very nice LFS list; you'd be amazed how many clubs never do it.

One club in San Fran segmented the LFS into a "loop" so visitors could tour them with the least driving.

Which of these stores have a quarantine process? Does anyone have a cummulative list? I know Aquatouch claims to for at least their online store, but do they really quarantine EVERY fish in their store?

I know this doesn't remove the need for home quarantine, but I'd happily pay more for a fish that's at least pre-screened to not be health nightmare to try to fix (or watch die...).

Ooops been busy and forgot all about updating the thread. Ill search it out and do the updates nothing major has changed other than two stores closing if I remember right

Update, Reef Culture went out of business a few months ago. Aquarium Arts is where I go, they just recently stocked a ridiculous amount of corals, you name it they got it.

Salt Water Junkies opened on the west side, 101 and Olive.

The Aquarius is closed AFAIK

Epic Oceans has their sign up but no word on an opening date, looks like they have some of the reef culture tanks in there.

I went into Club Reef on Friday and they are still open. Its a long narrow shop (about a 1/3 the size of Aquarium Arts), there's Aiptasia Anemones in pretty much every tank, and a large some of their fish have some sort of Popeye. But other then that, they had a pretty selection of fish and corals. I would definitely QT anything bought from there.

Back