Many DIY Plans & Suppliers

snailman
what about adding a reef central page with list of suppliers for very specific items that get requests often on the DIY and general reef discussion page.

like bulkheads
large diameter acrylic tubing by the foot
needle valves

These items tend to get many "where can i get this" posts. I think we'd do ourselves a favor to set up such a suppliers list for commonly requested items.

With each vendor listing I try to give a note about them. So many places sell things like bulkheads that it would be a huge database not a list and would be a real job to setup. When someone wants a bulkhead I just send them to [DIY] and there are several places there that sell them. the more specialized things are what need to stand out in the list like diamond drill bits becasue not everyone sells them.

For acrylic sheet (odd ends), tools and supplies I've always done well at Tap Plastics:

http://www.tapplastics.com/

For Bay Area folks there is one right off Mowry in Frement that has an odd-n-ends bin where you can get 1/8,3/8, 1/4 and 1/2 clear, blue and black acrylic pieces. 8^) You would be surprised what I've patched and built using said pieces and thick acrylic glue. :D

PPS Don't forget Toyo 4", 30db, 75 CFS fans from Fry's Electronics for $16 a piece. What a steal.

Scott

attn all diy's

attn all diy's

looking for diamond bits???
Try looking at ceramic tile tools and you might find some better prices! happy hunting

For plastic propellers for DIY reeftec clones:

Octura Models, Inc
7351 N Hamlin
Skokie, Illinios 60076
847-674-7351

Model 1250 R ( 50mm Right Handed 2 blade prop) $1.15 each

4.00 $ shipping for orders under 80.00

no minimum order

Won't take visa, so you have to mail them a check or arrange COD

R/O D/I

R/O D/I

Is there a thread that i could find that could give me some ideas on building a DIY R/O D/I unit? I believe that i can build one cheaper than the cost of a new one. I have an idea on how they work just need some help. Any info would be great.
Thanks!!!

Back