My 6.5 Gallon Fluval Edge Upgrade

My 6.5 Gallon Fluval Edge Upgrade

• It's a great way to start getting into reefing

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • It's a poorman's a temp at a Nano reef

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It's a gate way drug into Reeferlisum. ;)

• Pico tank's are a mistake and should be allowed!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Royalty86

It's been about a year now since I had my 6.5 gallon Fluval Edge, I decided to make it into a Nano tank my ex gave me the tank after we broke up I got the Dog and I kept tanks. I wouldn't have it any other way, So after a couple months I finally want to go ahead and set up my Nano or Pico tank? What ever they call it I want it . I'm drilling the tank and the stand it came with I picked up the Wood stand from petco today. It's made for a 28 Gallon bowfront which is going to work great for how I'm setting it up. I'll post up some picture's of what I've done so far!

Here's a list of things to come within the next month or so?

1. Set up Acrylic 15 Gallon Sump/Refugium
2. Drill two hole's into a Brand new 28 Gallon bow front stand for the PVC
3. Drill the tank with two hole's for the bulkheads 1/2 inch - 1 inch
4. Set up the Pluming up the PVC from tank, throw the stand and then to the Sump/Refugium then the return line with my Mag 2 (And cross my figure on my newly painted PVC I hope it's cured)
5. I want to add a coralife Refugium T5 light but I might have to cut even more into the stand, I'm debating it's a really nice stand.
6. MOD the Hood I kinda seat on it after I cut it for these DIY so sad I guess it's ok now I can redesign it to my liking
7. Set up my Reef Led Lights fixture

Deluxe Nano Kit :

Kit Includes
12 Cree XRE LEDs w Optics
Choose Your Driver Option
1 X Ultra Quiet 23 dB Fan w Powersupply
1 X 6″ x 8.46″ Heat Sink
1 X Thermal Adhesive and End Caps
1 X Leviton Polarized 15A Plug
6 XRE Q5 Cool White /6 Royal Blue w 80 degree lens
1 Mean Well ELN 60/48D demable

I got a few updates,

here's the hood after I seat on it

attachment.php

And here's what I D.I.Y I want to make my own LED fixture so the hood would have to be bigger but I'm debating if I want to make up a second one just in case it's kinda high.
attachment.php

attachment.php

So after waiting almost 3 months I finally was able to decided on the stand what I picked was a 28 bow front stand from Petco it was on sale for $99 bucks so I could go wrong I cut my holes here's what I got.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Back