My custom starfire is here!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13399143#post13399143 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by IridescentLily
g010.gif

Nicely Done! Your setup is absolutely gorgeous.

Thank you IridescentLily, the tank is doing very well and is starting to look more mature as the months go by.:)

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13399143#post13399143 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by IridescentLily
g010.gif

Nicely Done! Your setup is absolutely gorgeous.

Thank you IridescentLily, the tank is doing very well and is starting to look more mature as the months go by.:)

WOW....this tank is amazing!!! I happened upon this thread while searching for cube tanks. I plan to set up a cube tank myself here in the near future with almost these exact specs except a Glass cages model. If you dont mind I have a couple of questions. First is do you know about how much flow is coming out of your return and what size is the return. Secondly do you feel the Starphire makes a big difference over plain glass? I have actually never seen a Starphire tank so I have no idea. I also dont know if I would do the sides and front in Starphire or just the front. It seems like I should just do the front since I wont be viewing from the left side of my tank.

Thanks Jakano, The return is 3/4. I don't exactly know how much flow is coming out of it but i feel it is more than efficient enough to turnover water down to my sump with extra flow in the display. I love the Starphire especially looking through the left/right sides, the fishes looks like they are floating instead of swimming. But if you are only viewing the tank from the front then i see no problem with just the front being Starphire, i don't think there is a real big difference until you look straight through the tank. I for one am a big fan of clarity.

I will be viewing from one side and the front, but by far most of the viewing would be through the front. So maybe I will just do the front panel only. Thanks for the info and once again AMAZING tank...I hope I can come close the the beauty you have there.

great looking tank as a matter in fact im looking for the same tank. how thick is the glass? and are you afraid of wave action because its a rimless?

The tank is 1/2 inch and yes you do have to watch out for water spilling over when adjusting flow. I don't think i could use a wavebox but then again i dont need it.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13672979#post13672979 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by g stone
did you order from Lee-Mar directly? Thanks.. Great tank!!

No I have puchased the tank through a LFS certified dealer localy in AZ.

damn things are growing in very well... tanks with tunzes always seem to do better.. i need to break down and invest in a pair!!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13682590#post13682590 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by highpower9979
did u cut the front of the tunze if so why i might have missed it in the thread

My tank is only 36x36 and so I cut it to broaden the flow and spread it out more.

Are you running any automation? reefkeeper or the like. If so, what are you using and if not why? Your tank is wonderful... can you talk about your daily, weekly, and monthly routine... THANKS

No automation, the whole idea of this tank is ease of maintenance and one that can grow colorful acros at it's simplest from.

Daily - 2x feed flakes and a cube of brine.

Weekly - change out the filter sock, scrape glass 3-4 days and clean Skimmer.

Monthly - Siphon sand with 30% water change.

IMG_3472.jpg

IMG_3532.jpg

IMG_3400.jpg

IMG_3502.jpg

Back