My new tank is in (the garage)

Konadog

Master of the 16 hour day
Team RC
Well, here are some quick pictures of my new Lee Mar 225 tank and stand.

The tank under raps:
9086225.JPG

The metal stand:
9086Stand.JPG

The overflow cutout:
9086cutout.JPG

The cutout is for the drain line for the center overflow.

Ken,
Very well built stand, should be able to park a Mac truck on it. Now out the camera down and get that bad boy finished. I want to see water in the tank before I leave.........
Brent

Me too!

I still need to coat the stand, get my plumbing together, and wait for the window to be replaced :rolleyes:

Then get 3 guy's over to lift it into the house.

Thanks Brent, yes it's Starfire on three sides, euro braced with a center overflow. It's also drilled for a closed loop and one inch sea swirls.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6598355#post6598355 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Konadog
Thanks Ted, how's your tank doing?

Ken,

Fish are doing great (new Goldflake is awesome). Most of the corals are doing great as well. Unfortunately, some hair algae is also doing great.:(

See you at the next meeting.

Ted

Man, I tell you, it's not the cost of the tank, but the plumbing that kills you !!!
Bulkhead here, tru-union valves there, toss if a generous helping of sweeps, pipe, and hose etc...$$$$.

Thanks Scott, I'm looking for the 2" ring for the overflow, did you find that?

What do you think of that stand :)

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6600808#post6600808 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by sberman
should have the stand powdercoated would look real good then
I'm actually going to have it sprayed with truck bed liner. I have seen to many "powder coats" still rust thru when it gets scratched or chipped.

I'll look Scott, there are still a few boxes I haven't gone thru yet including the buckets.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6604914#post6604914 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Konadog
I'm actually going to have it sprayed with truck bed liner. I have seen to many "powder coats" still rust thru when it gets scratched or chipped.

Awesome idea.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6605066#post6605066 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by thetedinator
Awesome idea.
I hope so!
I've been thinking about what I want to do for years, now that I have it I'm still changing my mind. :)

ken it should work fine --- actually that was another reason for selling the tank that is the business i am going into with my nephew -----

Back