Need Metal Halide reflectors

larpy

Does anyone have any metal halide reflectors they would like to part with? I am going to buy two high quality ones for over my tank but need several more for using over my basement fuge and sump.

Kip, I am going to buy two of those from you for my display tank but need some less expensive for the suge and sump.

i have never tried them but saw some sitting around and for a fuge/sump i i think it would work. what i am talking about is the aluminium wall studs used in construction. they are real polished on the inside and can easily be cut to your dimensions, just a though.

good idea murf.

Chris as far as the fuge goes, just use a cheap light the chaeto does not care. Do you need some? I can bring some to you if you want or if you want to come see the Lumenarcs you can pick some up.

Also, if you use one Lumenarc on the sump and you grow corals it will be good as you can go down to one light due to the coverage. But that is only if you intend to use it as a frag tank. Otherwise save the money.

Kip

for fuges, a lot of us are using the PC that home depot sells for around $40. it puts out equivlent to 500w in a 64k spectrum. doesnt get too hot either.

murf,

I have been using the MR16 bulbs. They seem to go for about a year. I do like the PC option, but a question, is how long have you seen the bulb last? And do you know what the wattage of the bulb is?

Thanks.

Kip

Back