New 200 Gallon Crystal Dynamics Build

This is the plan...

This way, you can tell where the pictures are in relation to the bigger picture!

1689109211626.png

Awesome! Great renderings. When your done with your house…there’s a house here in Ohio…that may or may not could use some work lol

OK, got a little time this Saturday to build the sub top for the stand.

The stand will sit 4" from the side wall and 4" from the back wall.
Normally, I would make the sub top 4" longer and 4" wider to automatically create the standoff for the tank.
BUT..... and this is really a big BUT..... Marine Grade Plywood was $176.00 for (1) sheet of 4 x 8...

Crazy!!!!

I work in construction and have been used to these weird lumber prices for a while... But man... it is different when it is your dollars!!!!

Anyways, I just made the top 4 inches longer on the left side. 4" is enough to get my MP40 Motors on that end of the tank.

Here are some pics:

Attachments

• Top 1.jpg
    Top 1.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 21
  • Top 2.jpg
    Top 2.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 19
  • Top 3.jpg
    Top 3.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 20
  • Top 4.jpg
    Top 4.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 19
  • Top 5.jpg
    Top 5.jpg
    752.6 KB · Views: 21
  • Top 6.jpg
    Top 6.jpg
    842.8 KB · Views: 22
  • Top 7.jpg
    Top 7.jpg
    957.4 KB · Views: 27
Some of you maybe wondering what is under the cover....

That is my 1965 Chevelle Malibu SS. It has currently been banished to the driveway so I can store the crap from inside the house during the remodel!

Here is a pic of my other hobbie:

Attachments

• Cars - 800x450.jpg
    Cars - 800x450.jpg
    378.6 KB · Views: 33
Well, the tank alcove got tiled Wednesday.
FRP tomorrow
Then, I can put the tank on the stand and put it into the alcove!

Attachments

• Tank Alcove 2.jpg
    Tank Alcove 2.jpg
    279.8 KB · Views: 21
  • Tank Alcove 3.jpg
    Tank Alcove 3.jpg
    255.3 KB · Views: 21
  • Tank Alcove 4.jpg
    Tank Alcove 4.jpg
    242.6 KB · Views: 23
Loving following this build. If you're ever in the St. Louis area and want to do some basement remodel work, you can practice on my basement :ROFLMAO:

Question to all:

Where is the best place to get the colored PVC.

I am going to do all my piping in black PVC with Grey Fittings and Valves and red knobs....

From what I understand Formufit PVC will work if you want color (I’ve heard Home Depot sells this but not 100%). The only outside recommendation is to get Cepek Ball Valves due to their higher quality and less prone to sticking.

BRS also sells colored PVC but I’ve heard the Formufit is cheaper. Hope that helps!

From what I understand Formufit PVC will work if you want color (I’ve heard Home Depot sells this but not 100%). The only outside recommendation is to get Cepek Ball Valves due to their higher quality and less prone to sticking.

BRS also sells colored PVC but I’ve heard the Formufit is cheaper. Hope that helps!
Yep, looks like they do sell it.

Also, looks like Formufit might sell direct to the end user as well.

Thanks Reefing102!
Yep, looks like they do sell it.

Also, looks like Formufit might sell direct to the end user as well.

Appreciate the extra effort Griss

Back