New acro...anyone wanna take a stab at ID?

RCS

In Memoriam
My first though was A. turaki, but the growth just doesn't look right, so I'm leaning towards either A. speciosa or A. subglabra. It's got blue tips and the branches should turn green from what it looks like. The best part? Neon blue polyps! You can sort of see in the picture...but I've only seen about a half-mm worth of PE since getting it...it wasn't showing any in the store (I've had it for about a day and a half now) but I took a flier on it anyway...not too many blue-polyped acros around. Hopefully it'll keep those colors.

newacro.jpg

Looks a lot like one of mine, which I think is gomezi...but yours has slightly longer coralites:
Green-bluetortcolony.jpg

You know, they had it labeled as a Gomezi at the store as well, but I'm pretty sure it's not. The corallites are longer and thinner than other gomezi I've seen and had. You can see a few polyps starting to come out in the picture...and I just checked with a flashlight and they're definitely deciding it's better to be out than in!

Here's a pic I just took with the lights off and flash. You can see how purple the polyps show up here...under proper lighting (the tank has 250w 14k HQI on it) they show up neon blue and are translucent.

newacro2.jpg

Mine's polyps are like that too. But I definitely don't have secondary coralites branching off the large coralites.

Looks like a Bali Echinata, but because of the plug it is on (Java) I would agree with Yinger on the Gomezi. Just my guess:)

Back