Official Royal Exclusiv Dream Box Owners Thread.

What did you go with? Details! Good luck with shipping. Still waiting on mine. Was bumped from its first flight, but now supposedly, has landed on Christmas Eve in Houston. Trying to get a status on the shipment from the forwarder but could not get a response. I thought maybe he was off for the holidays and so I emailed the import manager. His response, not to me, but to subordinate, was, please advise him on the status. So no answers yet. I am sure it will eventually get here. Just disappointed. So talk, tell me what you got.

Closed Loop Dreamboxes are now aviable ....

Closed Loop Dreamboxes are now aviable ....

After strong programming, the Closed Loops Dreamboxes are ready. First Pics of our newest Development ....

The CL-Dreamboxes are fit for the new RD3-Speedy-230 Watt/ 20.000 L/h.

We want offered a complet-Set, include all Pumps, Connectors and Mediafilter..

For a Setprice, please ask Slief :beer:

best regards .. Klaus

:D:D
WOW is all I can say. Those are very nice!!! Any chance we can or I can get the details on them? Just curious...how they operate? Are those media reactors in it fed off the pump? What does the remote do?

Thanks,
Corey

:D:D
WOW is all I can say. Those are very nice!!! Any chance we can or I can get the details on them? Just curious...how they operate? Are those media reactors in it fed off the pump? What does the remote do?

Thanks,
Corey

This is a new dream box design that incorperates the closed loop pumps into the sump. The media reactors are fed off the return pump which in this case is an RD3 230 watt pump. This new sump has a seperate pair of RD3 230's that are inside the sump which are for 2 seperate closed loops for the display. Those RD3 230's can be substituted for other RD3 pumps as well for those that don't need that much power for their closed loop. The inlets and outlets for those closed loop pumps are the larger red pipes sticking out of the top of the sump. That can be cut to length and can include metric or imperial unions on the top of the sump for easy adaptation to an existing system. Typically people like myself who run closed loops have to allow for space below the tank or in their fish room for the separate external closed loop pumps. This keeps everything within the sump minimizing the space required for a more complex system.

The remote is to control the in sump LED lighting and allows you to change the color and brightness of the lighting inside the sump and also set it to stay as one color or rotate colors automatically. There are all kinds of different options for how the colors change or transition. The LED lights are RGB and allow for dozens of different color schemes too including white, blue, red, green, orange, pink etc as well as variations of those colors. All of which are controlled via the hand held remote. The LED sump lighting is a standard option for all dream boxes.

Last edited:
thanks Scott, for the perfect declaration .... you now, my english language is limited ...:rolleyes:

This CL-Sumps are aviable in January 2016

best regards .. Klaus

OK guys, Mine has arrived. Sorry to distract from the new closed loop systems. It arrived by truck this morning and they said they would not deliver it until Monday. Forget that, it is less then 2 miles from my office. My son is picking me up in 30 minutes in his pickup to go get it. Finally!!! :bounce2:

thanks Scott, for the perfect declaration .... you now, my english language is limited ...:rolleyes:

This CL-Sumps are aviable in January 2016

best regards .. Klaus

I hat für Sie ! :thumbsup:

OK guys, Mine has arrived. Sorry to distract from the new closed loop systems. It arrived by truck this morning and they said they would not deliver it until Monday. Forget that, it is less then 2 miles from my office. My son is picking me up in 30 minutes in his pickup to go get it. Finally!!! :bounce2:

Sweet!! I'm sure you are like a kid at XMAS time! Make sure you post some pictures here and on our Facebook page of you unwrapping it and out of the crate.

OK, it is home in the garage waiting for me. No time to fully unwrap it but customs beat me to some of it. I am sure the water top off box left Germany in a box but it no longer was in one. It has cuts in the top and both sides from the box knife they used to slice it open with. The skimmer box had been sliced open but it looks undamaged. I cannot tell if the remaining pieces have been tampered with. Incompetence makes me mad. I guess we are training monkeys and giving them box knives for customs agents. Hopefully he was satisfied with just damaging the water top off box and stopped there. I will do a video tonight as I unbox the rest. I posted some of the pics. Klaus, can these be sanded out and buffed since its ABS?
Jeff

Attachments

• customs damage1.jpg
    customs damage1.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 1
  • customs damage2.jpg
    customs damage2.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 2
  • customs damage3.jpg
    customs damage3.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 2
  • customs damage4.jpg
    customs damage4.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 1
  • customs damage5.jpg
    customs damage5.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 2
OK, it is home in the garage waiting for me. No time to fully unwrap it but customs beat me to some of it. I am sure the water top off box left Germany in a box but it no longer was in one. It has cuts in the top and both sides from the box knife they used to slice it open with. The skimmer box had been sliced open but it looks undamaged. I cannot tell if the remaining pieces have been tampered with. Incompetence makes me mad. I guess we are training monkeys and giving them box knives for customs agents. Hopefully he was satisfied with just damaging the water top off box and stopped there. I will do a video tonight as I unbox the rest. I posted some of the pics. Klaus, can these be sanded out and buffed since its ABS?
Jeff

Got to love customs.. It's a shame they don't take more care when they handle things. You can certainly sand that out. I would do a test spot on the inside or back of the sump as it may change the sheen on the finish and be even more noticeable when you are finished. You could also try using a Scotch Brite pad or even some steel wool. Like I said, I would do a test in a spot that won't be visible first so you can figure out what will work best when it comes to matching the sheen of the material. It might be that using some 1200 grit wet dry sand paper would work too. I would just try to find a sanding method that matches the sheen of the material without having to use several steps.

Hey Scott,
Yea it is going to need more then one step. These are deeper then the pictures can show. They will have to be sanded with a wet/dry 800 to remove the scratch and then work finer up to 2000 grit to remove the heavier sanding scratches, then buffed to a shine with a liquid compound to restore the shine. I have never worked with ABS before, only paint so I know the process but not sure what the best grits would be to use. At this time, from the look of the pallet (see first pic) I do not think they got down to the sump so hopefully it is unharmed. If you look at the left hand side of the pic, you can see the water top off box just under the plastic. I know that did not leave Germany unboxed. He cut it completely out of the box. If I sent this to the Florida facility, can they fix it?
Jeff

Hey Scott,
Yea it is going to need more then one step. These are deeper then the pictures can show. They will have to be sanded with a wet/dry 800 to remove the scratch and then work finer up to 2000 grit to remove the heavier sanding scratches, then buffed to a shine with a liquid compound to restore the shine. I have never worked with ABS before, only paint so I know the process but not sure what the best grits would be to use. At this time, from the look of the pallet (see first pic) I do not think they got down to the sump so hopefully it is unharmed. If you look at the left hand side of the pic, you can see the water top off box just under the plastic. I know that did not leave Germany unboxed. He cut it completely out of the box. If I sent this to the Florida facility, can they fix it?
Jeff

We don't have anything at the Florida facility to remove scratches like that. If anything, I would contact a local acrylic supply place as they can likely polish it out for you.That or take a look at this thread I started here on acrylic scratch removal. The process will be the same for the PVC that the sumps and holding tanks are made out of although you may need to add the additional step of polishing with compound. That said, you pretty much treat it like clear coat safe car paint.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2538092

I could file a complaint with customs but I'm pretty sure they feel they are impervious to anything and can do whatever they want with impunity. Someone who takes a box knife and rips into something like this has no respect for anyone else's property and basically doesn't care. I'm sure they would just cover for him and nothing would come of it except a waste of my time. Shipping was 2300.00

Back