Official St. Jude Children's Hospital Tank Thread.

I have a donation of a med. size yellow tang that i need to get rid of soon because I am holding it in a 5 gal. Bucket. (I did not want it to get loose in my main tank and me never be able to catch it.)

SNAKEMANVET (David) donated it and I agreed to take it back to Memphis, so the first person who can REALLY needs to take it up to St. Jude.

Thanks, Keaton

Hey everyone. Just an update for now and then a bug update this weekend. I'm not gonna be going to the frag swap, got some business here at home.
Roger from Tunze USA donated a Tunze Wavemaker for the 225G reef tank!
Mari from Bermuda Aquatics has discounted a 5C protein skimmer for the "predator" reef thats going up in the other 225.
I will be needing some people for working on the tanks next weekend. We have an inspection coming in for the hospital and I would like to get things organized, hung, and cleaned up before they come.
More updates to come.
Thanks everyone.
B

hey, what type of lighting do you have over this tank? When and if this clam I am soon to get from a friend outgrows my tank within a few years, could I donate it?

Hey guys this is an awesome thing your doing for these kids. I got some really hardy SPS I forget the name im really tired at the moment. I can frag some and mount them to have to some rubble and send them down to you guys

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9237457#post9237457 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by southernstang00
hey, what type of lighting do you have over this tank? When and if this clam I am soon to get from a friend outgrows my tank within a few years, could I donate it?
I'll never turn down a donation!~
Sure!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9526749#post9526749 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by mushumatt
Hey guys this is an awesome thing your doing for these kids. I got some really hardy SPS I forget the name im really tired at the moment. I can frag some and mount them to have to some rubble and send them down to you guys
I would greatly appreciate that ! I'll post the address to mail any donations to tomorrow morning.
Thank you so very much!

For anyone interested in donating to the St Jude Aquariums or the waiting room that they reside in please send the items to me at the following:
St Jude Children's Research Hospital
Attention:
Barrett Shumaker MT(ASCP), NCA, CLSpMB
ALSAC Tower C4035
St Jude Children's Research Hospital
332 North Lauderdale ST
Memphis, TN 38105-2794

Of greatest need are reading materials for the children and families. Age appropriate would be toddler to 8 years old. There are teenagers also so the more technical manuals are needed too, but not as badly. Any books with species lists for coral and or fish would be great.
If anyone plans on sending live goods please let me know ahead of time so I can call ahead to the shipping department for expedition to the tanks.
Thanks again everyone for your encouraging sentiments and help!
Barrett

Amazing work guys! I worked for St. Jude briefly, and I've also volunteered in the aquarium at the Memphis Zoo. :) I'm a great algae scraper. LOL! Just keep me away from that darn Electric Eel.

UPDATED PICS!
DSC04120.jpg

DSC04117.jpg

DSC04118.jpg

DSC04119.jpg

There are 2 -250 gallon tanks in the old building and the BIG tank in the new Chili's Center.

Oh , I can see the differences by looking at the rock work.

The front "decoration" is the same on both tanks , I was getting confused , but if you look at the rock work , you can tell the difference.

Really nice tanks , good work guys.

This is absolutely amazing... I live in memphis and will be doing rotations through St. Jude. I will be sure to check it out...

Back