Phosphates

Use RO/Di water for phosphates and Phos-Guard. Don't overfeed.

I use B-Ionic for calcium and alkilinity. Regular water changes with Tropic Marin usually keeps the calcium where it is supposed to be. I keep mine around 420-430.

Carrie

Nate told me about product that brings down the phosphates but is harmful to yellow tangs. Nate can you let me know what that product is called one more time? Is that called Phos-guard?

Using Kalkwasser is a great way to boost Ca+, alk, and to control phosphates as well as to enhance skimmer efficiency. Plus it's cheap and easy. Just dropping in from my vacation in So. Florida.

Hi Jerry:

Welcome back. I hope your trip went well...

Hi Mike:

I was telling you about Phos Buster Pro. People have reported it works miracles and has no side effects other than yellow tangs will not tolerate it. I also would recommend getting a phosphate reactor and Rowa-Phos to keep the phosphates down after using the Phos Buster Pro. Many people believe the only way to reduce phosphates effectively is to employ chemical filtration. From the research I have done the products I listed above are some of the best known for lowering phosphates.

For the calcium a cheep way and effective way to keep that in check is by using Kalkwasser and B-Ionic. You could also consider a calcium reactor but unless you are planning on keeping a lot of SPS that is really not necessary at this point. Good luck...

Nate

Now that I read the directions from start to end (I love to skim)....my calcium was about 400 +/- 20.

Thanks for all your help.

Back