Photone app for par readings

Scotty333!!!

Anyone tried the photone app on their phone?
I’m getting 3000 ppfd at the light and 68 at the surface of water , does the height of the lamp really loose so much power?
I’m just about to order 2x rs90 leds because I’m sure my par isn’t high enough for my maxima and one of my montis is bleaching.
The lamps a maxspect r6 and currently sits 30cm to the cluster from the water surface , I can lower it down to the wings so the clusters would be 15cm to the water, would this massively increase par as the app suggests? I mean why does the light lower so much through air?

Attachments

• IMG_2612.png
    IMG_2612.png
    974.4 KB · Views: 7
It’s been used before. There’s a large thread on R2R. I think many people suggest using it as a loose guide. Did you follow the instructions to get proper LED readings?

Perhaps see if an LFS does par meter rentals? I know one of mine rents for around $25/week.

hey reefing
Im not taking the readings as gospel but more interested in the distance of the light increasing the par so maybe I don’t need 2 more lights
I can rent a par meter for 45e a week but was planning on getting the rs90s first so I can control the output on them before returning the meter

Maxspect make good lights. I doubt it's not bright enough although I know coral placement is very important because of their sparse cluster layout. Which version R6 is it, on what size tank?

Back