Phx Reefer Relocating To The Big Pines Looking For Work!

1-9-06

HI ALL! I'M GOING THROUGH MY 1ST TANK TEAR DOWN TO GET READY TO MOVE THE FAMILY TO FLAG. I FIGURED IT COULDN'T HURT TO ASK AROUND FOR ANY LEADS ON JOBS IN THE AREA. I WAS A FOREMAN FRAMER (CARPENTER) FOR 10 YRS AND HAVE SINCE BEEN A SUPERINTENDENT AT A GENERAL CONTRACTOR FOR COMMERCIAL TENANT IMPROVEMENTS IN THE DOWNTOWN HIGH RISES. I MIGHT NEED TO START A NEW CAREER AND DON'T MIND WORKING MY WAY BACK UP THE LADDER. ANY DIRECTION WOULD BE MOST APPRECIATED. I'M VERY INTO THE ENVIRONMENT AND A QUICK LEARNER. MY WIFE IS A MONTESSORI SCHOOL ART TEACHER FROM ASU ALSO IN THE MARKET (FOR A JOB :)). HOPE TO MEET YOU GUYS IN THE NEW YEAR! THANKS IN ADVANCE-BRETT & GINA:smokin:

I have no leads for ya off the top of my head but I'll keep it in mind. Some others in the club might know of some leads. I know alot of people in your biz. But this is Flagstaff...so its poverty with a view as we like to call it.

By the way, I dig your interests. Going to Hampton?

I like poverty as long as i have a job. :) I'll take anything to get up there. If it were closer I'd love to entertain the idea but I'm sure tickets are $1,000 or more if you could even find 1. Do you play music? We could jam!

I wish you luck finding a job. I'll definitely keep it in mind and ask around.

I don't play much anymore. I use to play with a few folks but kinda stopped in the last ten years. Actually all I have now is a mandolin which I need to pick up more than I do.

Tix are expensive for sure, but I'm working my sources. I've seen tix for single nights ranging from $350-$2,000 and three night passes from $1,000-$10,000. Insane!

I used to live in VA and went to almost every Hampton show. I kinda got upset with the scene around 98 or 99 and quit going to shows. But I've got that feeling again and the mother ship will rock once again in march.

I did the same but just for the fact I worked construction and wanted a weekend show. 99' we drove to san diego and camped on the beach just to see them on the weekend! After that we started the family. I'd love to jam just for fun anytime your in the mood. 2 of my friends plan to visit and jam a lot. You should meet them.

I just noticed your occupation and have been really looking for a way into that. All I have found was a ranger at the caverns. My wife said to tell you that our son loves firemen!

pick up that mandolin! ~Brett~

If you're interested the AZ Wildfire Academy is in Prescott this March. Its a good way to get to know people and get some trainings. If you want to work wildland fire you'll need the basic "red card" courses which are S-130, S-190, I-100 (Basic fire behavior, suppression tactics and incident command). Usually they're all taught as a single course.

Is that how you got in? I'm definetly interested and my wife says i may have applied for something like that if that's possible. I'm still trying to get rid of this xenia and live rock. Once I clean this tank livestock out I can drive up and start looking a lot more often. Want any rock or xenia? I really appreciate the tips. Do you have much work in the winters up there in your line of work?

Back