PLEASE READ: SPS thread ideas for this forum

Add me to the list wanting to discuss placement. Soo many corals are ignorantly placed near each other or kept near the top or on the bottom that have no place for being there. An aquarist struggle can easily get confused and sidetracked thinking his lights are not enough, or too much,or spinnin their wheels on water chemistry when in reality there water is fine and the coral is just getting too much light, or not enough flow, etc. depending on where that particular corals originally was or was collected from in the wild.

Some acroporids can be found naturally in the wild amongst large soft coral colonies, and can be to an extent tolerant. While some others have no business being around leathers or other softies and have no tolerance whatsoever to exposure.

Some acroporids come from deeper or cooler waters, or both. Simply knowing this would allow the aquarist to accomodate it and make acclimation to ones system that much easier, or less brown anyway ;)

Great thread JBNY, just what the noobs and novice's alike need :)

-Justin

I like that idea.

Talk about a resurrection...

Now that it is resurrected, I think its a good thread and wish we had some of the ideas listed in it happening.

I wish we would use more accurate defining terms for our different corals. It makes the US hobby as a whole look rather uneducated in my opinion. In my other hobbies for example, if someone were to refer to a specimen by anything other than the binomial (or at least species) name, no one would take them seriously. I am so tired of seeing all of these manufactured names, which by the way drive prices upward and lead to misidentification.

I wish we would use more accurate defining terms for our different corals. It makes the US hobby as a whole look rather uneducated in my opinion.

I wouldn't hold your breath. I would prefer posters avoid the use of text message shorthand/autocorrect on titles. I also cringe at having to see something called 'Deeznutz Hd' pop up on my feed almost daily...

I haven't done one of these in a LONG time, but I could do a placement thread if you guys want. I've got some good thoughts on placement and acclimation that I have been doing for years. It would be great to get some other people weighing in on how they do placement as well.

I haven't done one of these in a LONG time, but I could do a placement thread if you guys want. I've got some good thoughts on placement and acclimation that I have been doing for years. It would be great to get some other people weighing in on how they do placement as well.

Id like that for sure!

Back