possible meeting loc. for 2006

ctreefer

Farmer Johnââ"šÂ¬Ã¢"žÂ¢s thread on oyster eggs got me thinking about a possible location for a meeting this coming summer/fall so I thought Iââ"šÂ¬Ã¢"žÂ¢d throw the idea out to the crowd. Every year, the NOAA facility in Milford has an open house to the public (free) to see some of the things they are researching. Iââ"šÂ¬Ã¢"žÂ¢ve only been once a couple years ago and its quite interesting and even fun for the kids (touch pools with indigineous species). They also have a green house where they are researching bay scallop production/farming feasibility in long Island sound (starting from scallop larvae hence the oyster egg connection) which is about Ã"šÃ‚½ acre in size and you can see the various stages of growth as well as a phyto tank for feeding which is also housed in a greenhouse. There are numerous species tanks as well as a research area focused on tautog(sp?) It would be cool if we could either have a meeting there during this event which is usually a Saturday or hold the meeting nearby so that we could start at the NOAA facility and end at another site (if the weather permits Iââ"šÂ¬Ã¢"žÂ¢ll even offer my home up for this).

Just a thought. The only issue is I donââ"šÂ¬Ã¢"žÂ¢t know when the open house will be as we usually donââ"šÂ¬Ã¢"žÂ¢t hear about it till about 1 month before the event.

check out the link:

http://mi.nefsc.noaa.gov/

BTW The Northeast Aquaculture Conference and Exposition is Dec 6-8. We have been given a room to have a meeting in. There will be a marine ornamental (reef tank) component this year. I am session chair for that section of the conference. We will be getting some speakers and technology transfers. Should be really cool. Let me know what you think.

Wow, I used to live two streets away from there and I never knew it existed!

Nice link Vince, I will keep a lookout for their open house.

Shoot Dan, two streets away. We could have had the meeting at your house ;). I'll get in touch with the contact person there if the officers agree that this is OK and see what we might be able to do. Maybe they already have a set date to help out in the scheduling.

BTW, Dan, I finally got the autotopoff set up on my system. Works great, can't believe I waited so long for this. Thanks again.

Re: possible meeting loc. for 2006

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6809337#post6809337 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by ctreefer
Farmer Johnââ"šÂ¬Ã¢"žÂ¢s thread on oyster eggs got me thinking about a possible location for a meeting this coming summer/fall so I thought Iââ"šÂ¬Ã¢"žÂ¢d throw the idea out to the crowd. Every year, the NOAA facility in Milford has an open house to the public (free) to see some of the things they are researching. Iââ"šÂ¬Ã¢"žÂ¢ve only been once a couple years ago and its quite interesting and even fun for the kids (touch pools with indigineous species). They also have a green house where they are researching bay scallop production/farming feasibility in long Island sound (starting from scallop larvae hence the oyster egg connection) which is about Ã"šÃ‚½ acre in size and you can see the various stages of growth as well as a phyto tank for feeding which is also housed in a greenhouse. There are numerous species tanks as well as a research area focused on tautog(sp?) It would be cool if we could either have a meeting there during this event which is usually a Saturday or hold the meeting nearby so that we could start at the NOAA facility and end at another site (if the weather permits Iââ"šÂ¬Ã¢"žÂ¢ll even offer my home up for this).

Just a thought. The only issue is I donââ"šÂ¬Ã¢"žÂ¢t know when the open house will be as we usually donââ"šÂ¬Ã¢"žÂ¢t hear about it till about 1 month before the event.

check out the link:

http://mi.nefsc.noaa.gov/

Sounds way cool, can you find out when the open house is and see if they'll let us hold a meeting there?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6813942#post6813942 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by justincognito
BTW The Northeast Aquaculture Conference and Exposition is Dec 6-8. We have been given a room to have a meeting in. There will be a marine ornamental (reef tank) component this year. I am session chair for that section of the conference. We will be getting some speakers and technology transfers. Should be really cool. Let me know what you think.

Another way cool event :D Do you have a link for us?

Tom, I'll check with the contact there this week and see if they know the weekend yet. Will let you know.

thanks

vince

Back