SELLING SALTWATER TANKS :o(

torosax

Hey everyone! I've decided that I'm ready for a change and that change is taking me to Ventura, CA (about an hour from LA). So, unfortunately, this means that I kinda have to sell my tanks . I have a 90 Gal. with black trim (outside of the back painted blue)and a Black wooden stand. Also have Glass lids. The tank has been set up and running for two years..

In the tank are a mated pair of Maroons(female white striped and male gold striped) hosted with a Rose Bubble Tip Anemone. They spawned for the first time about two weeks ago. 2 Green Chromis, a Blue Damsel, a Yellow-tail Damsel, an adult Bowtie damsel, a 5-6" Foxface Rabbitfish, a Six-line Wrasse, a Lawnmower Blenny, a Sandsifting Star and a Large Blue Linkia. The Linkia dropped off one of it's arms a month or two ago and both the full star and the arm are moving freely around the tank and look healthy. There are also some green button polyps, a greenish colored monti, a green Acropora and a very pretty 2.5" Maxima clam. There is roughly 100lb of live rock and another 100lb of sand.

I had been wanting to put together a refugium for it but never quite got to it so it's been running with a Fluval 405 canister and has 3 powerheads (2 170GPH and one Hydor Koralia 400GPH) a 400watt Hydor Heater. Lighting unit has two 250w Metal Halide bulbs(both bulbs were replaced roughly a month or two ago), 4 54w Blue Actinic T5s, and 14 1w LED moonlights with three switches and two chords for timers.

I also have a 29 gal tank with an open front wooden stand. Have a heater and Fluval 205 filter. This tank has an inch or two of sand in it still.. could seed the sand pretty easily. This tank was set up for about 5 or 6 years before I upgraded to the 90. I kept it with plans on using it but haven't done much with it. I also have a 30Gal long that I had planned on using for my sump/refugium at some point which will also need to go.

I live in Mendota, IL.. about 45 minutes straight south of Rockford on I39. I don't really know what to ask for a lot of this stuff.. so suggestions and offers are welcome and i'll decide.

I'm hoping to make rent for at least a month or two out in CA with the sale of these tanks... Hopefully I'll be able to set up again sometime out there since I've already spoken to the manager at the PetCo about possibly getting a job when I get there!

Thanks everyone,
Betillo
torosax@yahoo.com
815-503-9624

2867_94549586981_532576981_2455905_1944170_n.jpg

PS, I also have a 2-3 month old 75GPD RO/DI 5stage Unit for sale.. asking $120.. sells new for $160.

Hello Tim here I live near rockford would like to come and look at your tank and see if we can make a deal on some of the corals? and fish new to salt water. frist year in salt. years in fresh . I have alot of tanks.220 150 90 40 45 10 10 20 some fresh some salt. and is there some way of getting a phone # to you or your with out putting out there for all to see?

Make sure you don't sell anything that was given to you. Give it back.
Voice of experience.

Greetings Mr.Volcano! How goes things?
Hello Joetuna!!

Good luck with the sale and relocation, I'll make it over soon.

Hey guys,

Sorry for this post.. I completely forgot about it.. truth is, things didn't actually pan out like I planned and my buddy I was supposed to be moving in with out there, ended up moving back to Peru.. so that put another kink in the plan... So for now, no plans in getting rid of these anymore.. I've finally gotten my sump/refugium built and put it and I'm probably gonna set up the 29 as a QT..

Once again, sorry guys!

Betillo

Nope, I'm not going anywhere, don't feel like moving this tank, I think if I ever move the new buyer will get a free tank, joe

Looks like I caused some confusion with this post.. lol.. Sorry guys! Thanks again to Joe for helping me out with my frag hunt!

Quick question for you guys too.. does anyone know where to get magflake? I've seen some diy videos and wouldn't mind making some mag supplement for myself but I don't really feel like paying the shipping costs for it online if I don't have to..

Ha.. ironically, I just got off the phone with BRS about an hour ago.. had to order some new canisters for my rodi unit that I accidentally left in the garage over the winter.. the water of course froze and the canisters all cracked/broke. Was perfect though, cuz with the 4 canisters I bought, it ran just a few cents over $50 which allowed me to use the "thriftyfifty" $5 off coupon that expires today! I'll have to look into the mag. at some point.. I think I'm gonna try to make my own kalkwasser and drip it... So, we'll see how that goes haha

Question for you guys... does anyone by chance have a phytoplankton culture going? I'm gonna try and start my own so I thought I'd check to see if anyone had some phyto I could seed with. I figure if I'm gonna have a pair of mandarins in my tank, it might be beneficial to really feed my pods and I'm sure the corals will love it too..

Ok, sorry for all the questions lol.. but I was wondering if anyone from the area was going to CMAS this weekend.. and if they are, do you have room for a tag-along? If not, it's no biggie, I just think it would be interesting to see what this is all about..

Back