Shred5 Terrestrial Lagoon and Fish Room

shred5

Premium Member
Well technically not a full build and the Lagoon is already going.
The main tank is a 4'x3'x14" Lagoon tank. There is a attached mangrove/seagrass/algae tank directly behind it. I am currently working on the land part of the tank. It will have land based elements with tropical plants which will sit directly behind the reef aquarium and mangrove tank. I will be creating a landscape directly behind the aquarium with pots that are sunk in foam for planting plants.

It really is hard to show the scale of the Anemone H. Magnifica. He sits over two feet behind the front glass. He is so massive he makes the tank look small.

The tank is very young. I started putting water in late last year. I started adding tester corals early summer.

I will start with a few pictures.

20221018_171452.jpg

20221018_171509.jpg

20221018_171723.jpg

Ruby Red Xenia.
20221018_171736 (2).jpg

Last edited:
Beautiful tank! Was that a custom build?

Yes It was built by Custom Aquariums. This is was way overbuilt and one of the best I have seen. I highly recommended them.

The Stand was made about 30 inches longer for the land based elements.

The stand was from somewhere else though and I had to put it together.

20210911_114315.jpg

small 20210719_170758.jpg

Last edited:
Ummm, @shred5 more pics please

There is not much happening right now on the lagoon. I have been working on the rack system and working on my truck before the weather got to cold.

This weekend I am taking down one of the frag aquariums.

Over the Thanksgiving holiday I am hopping to start work on the land based elements of the lagoon.
I will be building the land part up with Foam and sinking pots for the tropical plants and hoping to have this done by Christmas..

Hopefully after Christmas I can start the landscaping.

Small update:

Redoing my rack system. I wanted space above my sump to work so I removed the shelf and the tanks on it.:
I wanted more area to raise and lower lights over the frag tank so I also removed the shelf there. I need to add a door to hide the lights.
I also had to do some repainting. I now need to redo all the plumbing. I need to decide on what lighting I want over the frag tank,, I was not happy with what was there before.
The upper right shelf the 20 gallon is just stored there for now but the two 15 gallons will be fuge/algae tanks. I am also thinking of using them as more natural filtration and need to figure out how I want to light them.

20230313_175526_01.jpg

Lagoon:

I also took a quick pic of my Lagoon but they looked really grainy so I picked just one picture.
I recently got a Biota yellow tang and you can see him in the picture. Really tiny and never sits still.
Also my Koji Wada has exploded with growth.

I have been fighting a little algae and it seems to finally be burning its self out.
I added a few cucumbers and a urchin.

20230313_185922.jpg

Last edited:
Back