Skunk clown eating live rock normal?

vonhubenz

Hey I got this pair of big skunk clowns in my frag tank and have had them for about a week. They’re decently aggressive to each other at times but that seems typical. However they both go right up to a round piece of live rock that holds up my frag rack, and they start biting it… is this normal or any explanation? They look like this and the rock looks like this ——>( sorry lights arnt on)
IMG_1210.jpeg

They're trying to redecorate. I've got a Clarkii Clown that decimated the right side of my rockwork because she didn't like the way it was arranged.

It could be two things.

Like what is stated above it doesn't like it where it is and is trying to do something about it..

Also they could be cleaning the rock to lay eggs.

I’ve only had them for a week so I don’t really know how these typically behave but I thought they only lay eggs in an empty tank? I have a bunch of frags and stuff in that tank but no other fish.. was planning to add a six line this week

I’ve only had them for a week so I don’t really know how these typically behave but I thought they only lay eggs in an empty tank? I have a bunch of frags and stuff in that tank but no other fish.. was planning to add a six line this week
Clowns will lay eggs in any tank as long as they're happy. As David mentioned, they will clean off the rock to lay their eggs.

Back