Still in the game?

DrHarryLopez

One Happy Reefer
I am. No corals at this time, mainly because i don't have time but coming this Sept 2018 I'm jumping in again.

I moved my office in 2016, not one coral made it thru the move :(

Some fish died over time, but i still have four fish in my FOWLR.

My Maroon clown is about 6 yrs old and I think he's in old age mode. She eats but doesn't swim much.

My equipment need to be put to use to see what works and maybe buy some new stuff.

Well thats my story....

I moved to NYC in 2014 and have had a hard time finding local reefers other than 1 or 2 respectable LFS.. I grew up with a fairly large reefing community and was pretty shocked to find there wasn't one in NYC.

Have I just been looking in the wrong places? I've been checking this forum for a loonnggg time and am glad someone is finally posting haha

I've had a 30 gallon mixed reef biocube I brought to NYC with me that is almost 7 years old.

About your maroon clown, I thought that clowns could push 20 years in captivity? Mine is almost 4 and still seems small compared to some I've seen in show tanks and aquariums.

Hope you get your tank back up soon!!! Watching videos of true frag swaps from years back makes me wish that it was still a thriving scene.

yea we did some fun stuff back then. There are a ton of reefers in NY though.

Are you growing anything right now?

We just missed reef palooza a couple of weeks ago in jersey.

There's a very large group in NYC/western LI, but most of them are on MR (or that other site with the 2 in the middle). I'm still meeting people through IRL personal connections in the hobby.

Back