Tank of the Month - October 2009

My friends ,

there are no words to describe my feelings for being a TOTM !
I am very very happy that you liked my reef and voted for it and i would like to thank you also for your kind words !
I cant think of a better "reward" for a reefer who spends lots and lots of time taking care his "pets" !
I wish the best for all of you and your tanks! ;)

Many of you wonder how so many fish can live in a 80g tank. Luck i would say is the first factor. :D
All of my fish live together from last christmas and i had only a few fights between my blue tang
and my regal after the regal was put in the tank but lasted only 1-2 days (btoh of them were purchased tiny) .
Another reason that makes the living harmonic its the great number of caves and places where fish can hide .
There is plenty of live rock in my tank and the aquascape is designed so as to look natural but also to make the living of my fish free of stress.
The filtration is another parameter that keeps things in balance.
Two skimmers , refugium with chaeto and zeovit method keep my NO3 and PO4 undetectable .
Last but not least water changes 10% per week help me to maintain a very viable tank for my fish.

Congratulations Teo, your tank is inspiring for a lot of us. Truly amazing.
I would like to know a bit more about the DIY dimmer for the T5's. Are there links or plans you can share?

regards,
Waffleman

I must say the aquascaping on this tank is very appealing and natural. Many times I see large aquariums with high-end equipment and healthy corals, but a lackluster haphazard aquascape lets the whole tank down IMHO. Your tank is a true benchmark of a successful reef-scape.

Very nice tank!! Congrats! I have liked your tank from the first time you showed pics of it on RC. Well deserved TOTM!

love the regal angle...& of course the whole tank! how does he do with your corals? congrads on TOTM!
happy reefing
cheers form this side of the pond.

Thank you one more time for your kind words my friends !
I am inspired by you to go on with my new tank i am currently planning.

Congratulations Teo, your tank is inspiring for a lot of us. Truly amazing.
I would like to know a bit more about the DIY dimmer for the T5's. Are there links or plans you can share?

regards,
Waffleman

Here you can see two pics of my diy dimmer my friend Neo built for me.
If you want further details of the circuit , i ll try to find some and give you

Very Nice!

How much live rock do you have and what method did you use for mounting the corals?

My friend aquascaping took me several months. Almost every week i changed a little piece of rock to make it look more attractive.
I have about 40 kg of live rock in my tank and it is placed in rods from hard teflon attached firmly to bases of teflon. I use a drill and "tire ups" to attach each piece with others.

At the following pics you can see the same bases at one of my friends tank.

billyreefkataskeui120-1.jpg

billyreefkataskeui134.jpg

love the regal angle...& of course the whole tank! how does he do with your corals? congrads on TOTM!
happy reefing
cheers form this side of the pond.

My friend i never had problems with my regal .
Of course i always have it fed so that it wont get curius of my corals.

Back