Texans, lets get going on this forum

finding nemo

In Memoriam
Howdy all, we need to get people involved in this forum so that we can share stores, livestock ect here.
Please everyone that resides in Tx, lets get this forum moving.
I have several tanks and lots of fish equipment to sell but hate to put it here if no one is looking .
Hope to see you all real soon on the Texas forum.

what part of Texas is this forum for? I see that you aren't too far from me, in the DFW area. You may want to check out dfwmas.org.
-Chuck

Hi Charles, I am in Canton, we sure need to get something going, I know there has to be allot of reefers around this area.
Nice to meet you.

Hi Lovely, nice to meet you.
What do you think about forming a club for locals?
I am east of you in Canton.
Karen

Finding nemo, I live in Canton too!! Moved here about 4 months ago from Tyler. I was suprised to see someone else from the same city of 5000 (if that number is accurate)! I never ran across anyone in Tyler on RC in the few years I've been here.
I am a former nano-reefer now in the process of trying to get my new 55 gal setup. I've also got my girlfriend's brother, who lives down the road interested in the hobby, and he's setting up a 29 gal, so that makes 3 people in the tiny town of Canton!!

I'm still shocked!!

:eek1:

Nemo, I just read your 1st post and saw that you might have some goodies for sale. I'm needing just about everything else but the tank to get up and running, just reluctant to buy everyting at once since I am not considered rich! :D
Could you let me know what you've got for sale and some prices? :)

still in shock from meeting a fellow Canton resident by the way!!
:rollface:

I also want to mention what I have been thinking about
There is a great buffet in Canton with a private room and I would love to form a group for this area to get together once a month for trading , selling and chatting ect.
If anyone is interested please pm me and will get it set up.

Hi, I am new to the Aquarium hobby. Live in the Spring/Woodlands area just north of Houston. Anyone know of any clubs in that area. Would love to get together possible monthly with others who share the hobby. Just set up a 80 gal. Doing well so far.

Hi Aquariamchick, I think there is a club there but not sure.
I would like to set up one here in Canton also for surounding areas.
Just takes time, (mine) to get it going lol

Hi all, I'm in Austin. I've had SW tanks for over 10 years but am just now getting back "into" it after about 5 years of just doing what I had to to keep my tank presentable. Now I want to make it beautiful! Back in the mid-late 90's I had a reef tank and was really into the hobby. Then kids came along, etc. etc.....

Anybody know a reef club in the Austin area?

does the dallas clubs have an active membership with meetings? it looks like from past posts that it kinda fizzled out last year?
i would be interested in joining a club in the dfw area to talk about experences and do some trading

You need to check out DFWMAS.org - the TARE association has dissolved as far as I can tell. DFWMAS has been running for 12 years now, and has 350 members. We actively use our message board on our site, so be sure to check it out.

And...

[welcome]

hi, this is kinda off topic here, but im getting ready to move to TX, DALLAS\FT WORTH, and was wondering how much a good 3 bed room apt costs there, preferably one not in the ghetto.....and also, is reef stuff (corals, equipment, exc...) more expensive than cali there?

Back