The Dolphin Pet Village DPV Anemone Back Story

Mr2KiEu

No explanation needed....didn't want this neat back story to be lost.

Post a pic of your DPV if you got one :)

" Thnaks for the kind words! To be honest I have not stepped foot on this site in several years, a dear friend sent me the link since he too loves this 'nem.

Here is the back story. Roughly 18 years ago I set up a small 46 bow reef and really wanted an anemone. At the time I was just starting to expand the reef section of the store and wanted to "practice" at home. The tank was established and was growing Acros quite well. We had gotten an order from the Philipines that had some rather small and quite sickly looking BTA's. I grabbed the smallest one and took it home. It did what all BTA's do and disappeared behind the rocks and was not seen again....until several months later. It was maybe the size of a nickel, stark white and had just a couple nubs for tentacles. So not wanting it to die Phyto Feast additions were tripled and it was fed Spectrum pellets and mysis. Fast forward a few months and it became what we all see today. A complete and total random grab and a true ugly duckling. Through the years at the store it cloned countless times and I had pretty good success cutting it in half.

What I found was the key to division was changing the water chems and temps. Letting the water get a bit high in NO3 then a good water change always seemed to do the trick.

I am so happy that everyone enjoys this anemone and kinda honored that it has kinda become my own little legacy. Too bad I dont have one anymore....probably need to actually have a tank though ;-) Maybe when I set up a tank again I can find one.

As for the name of the store, it was originally opened by my mother, uncle and they had a third partner. "Dolphin" was a combo of their last names, Pet because it was an aquarium/pet store and village because, well I dont know....it takes a village? I think my mom said that it just sounded good so they added village.

I happy that you have been successful keeping this critter and sharing it with other keepers.

Thanks ans take care

Tyler "

7cfc27aa7de988a8861460492820e2a3.jpg

Here's mine
under Radion XR30W Pro Gen 3 at 18K
5f19b3b9091c1050d45a51c6e63d0981.jpg

At 12K
a2e0e577e34e57cf9a8c446caba095fb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AC has lots of good looking nems right now. I unfortunately succumbed to splurging. [emoji29]

aquatic collection had a bunch for sale last weekend.

The green anemones from collections are not the dpv. Very similar but less purple. Good enough to pass if you want something similar. If you put a original dpv next to what collections has you can tell the difference. A couple diff members have already done so. Either way the anemones at collections look good regardless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Here's mine. And the DPV is definitely different than other more common Green Nems. Notice the deep purple oral disc that extends up the tentacles.

Attachments

• IMG_6060.JPG
    IMG_6060.JPG
    80.3 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_6061.jpg
    IMG_6061.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 4
The green anemones from collections are not the dpv. Very similar but less purple. Good enough to pass if you want something similar. If you put a original dpv next to what collections has you can tell the difference. A couple diff members have already done so. Either way the anemones at collections look good regardless.

It definitely had me fooled thinking they were DPV's. However I scooped up a blue carpet and after 2 years, my clowns finally have an anemone they call home!

Hey I was there with you today! I'm the one that got the Ritteri!!! You got a good carpet man. Telling you. I was very tempted on buying it!

Here's mine. And the DPV is definitely different than other more common Green Nems. Notice the deep purple oral disc that extends up the tentacles.

Dpv looks good in your tank Bruce! Sps I got from you awhile back all doing well. Next I need to get one of your bw anemones !

yeah i dont know much about the DPV. just talked to the employee there and they said it was very similar to it. he didnt know if they were same linage or not.

similar.

Hey I was there with you today! I'm the one that got the Ritteri!!! You got a good carpet man. Telling you. I was very tempted on buying it!

Haha! So yea you know then! I was on the fence about it but super happy I ended up pulling the trigger on it! Hoping it acclimates to my tank without issues!

Happy to let everyone know this past weekend Tyler took me up on my offer and has been reunited with a DPV anemone. I thought it would be cool to see it go full circle and I believe in good karma. So hopefully I win the lotto soon :) Maybe one day he'll be able to offer them again.

He also hooked me up with these cool Orange Mandarin Ricordea Yumas that he sold at the store years ago. DPVOMRY anyone? Lol

a04258681e0cfa15770419b64f1068f4.jpg

Happy to let everyone know this past weekend Tyler took me up on my offer and has been reunited with a DPV anemone. I thought it would be cool to see it go full circle and I believe in good karma. So hopefully I win the lotto soon :) Maybe one day he'll be able to offer them again.

He also hooked me up with these cool Orange Mandarin Ricordea Yumas that he sold at the store years ago. DPVOMRY anyone? Lol

a04258681e0cfa15770419b64f1068f4.jpg

Those look awesome! Great story. Paying it forward is great in this hobby as something cool always comes back.

It was so nice to meet you this weekend and thanks again for the ‘nem! You have restored my faith in humanity. Enjoy the yuma’s

Tyler

It was so nice to meet you this weekend and thanks again for the "˜nem! You have restored my faith in humanity. Enjoy the yuma's

Tyler

No problem. It was nice meeting you as well. Mental note: Never meet at that location ever again. lol. Keep us updated on how well the DPV does. Yumas are looking great! Thanks again!

Back