The Time Is Finally Here...

Actually it was an incredible game. Amazing to watch the triple option run the way it should be (where passing is actually an option).
If you consider both teams having <50% completion, and 3 (GT) and 5 (AF) average yards per passing play actually an option, then yes.

If you consider both teams having <50% completion, and 3 (GT) and 5 (AF) average yards per passing play actually an option, then yes.
You apparently do not know either team and/or did not watch the game. AF had one scoring drive where they marched down the field and scored on a 2-minute drill. Incredible to watch. And they were passing accurately against a good pass defense as well as using the pass mixed in with their triple-option game. GT doesn't have that kind of game and only pass at the end when they are behind, but the new QB shows promise for the future in that area (something the 1st string QB did not have).

I am not too familiar with either team (saw Air Force in person against UT a few years back, watched GT v GA last month, and parts of a few other games with Nesbitt at QB), but did watch the game. Being passionate about one of the teams surely makes things more interesting, but to this 'outside observer' it was sorta like watching two wrestlers in a mixed martial arts contest - both strengths cancel out and there is just a lot of pushing and grunting. Calling that passing performance "accurate" requires yellow glasses for sure, but with GT ranked at 119/120 in Div-I passing, almost anything is an improvement. I read somewhere that it is better to have a true QB learn to run the triple option than to try to teach an option runner to pass. That should bode well for GT next year. I felt bad for GT self-destructing with turnovers, and even then they could have won were it not for the late gaff. UT and GT fans can both wallow in their own self-destruction until next year. :D

Yep, reminds me of The Buzz Peterson days. I have faith Bruce can get it turned around...might take a while...if he's still here.

ESPN is calling the Vols BB team the "Cardiac Vols." Hopefully that buzzer beater last night against UGA acted like a defibrillator for the team's heart.

I love how they keep saying the last 2 shots shouldn't have counted:rolleyes:

We "should" have won 2 more games in football this year:)

Yeah, about time an officiating break went our way (Bones basket, not Williams' rebound)... and it's UGA's fault for not having a shot clock buzzer.

ESPN - and perhaps the officials too(!) - was very pro-UGA and anti-Pearl last night.

ESPN has been dogging on Pearl all year, along with everybody else. Dick Vitale even tweeted something Pearl told him in confidence.

Yeah, I know ESPN's "analysts" do it constantly, and are entitled to their opinions (including Douche Vitale), but in-game play-by-play and color should be a bit more objective on ESPN. It sounded closer to Athens sports radio.

With Fischer out and Young on the way out, it looks like the Vols aren't the only Tennessee football program in rebuilding mode. :(

So, what do folks, ie chris lol, think of the recruitig class?

We missed out on a few potential big gets like Wright late, but #10, 12, etc ranked clas depending on who you ask is solid for a second year coaching staff and a lot of needs were met. Getting LOI fromall recruits really stands out to me... means recruits knew where they stood and were comfortable and confident. 1 or 2 more DLinemen would have been gravy tho!

I feel the same way:)

Another thing to consider is what we needed (lineman) don't get as many stars as skill positions so that may have knocked us down a little. I'm very pleased, especially after watching Dooley's press conference.

Good point about stars and essential but 'non-sexy' players getting undervalued -"Size and Speed!". "We played some games where we were getting hit and it looked like it hurt when we got hit, I'd like to be on the giving end."

I didn't hear the whole press conference, just the opening statement. I'll have to you tube the Q&A at some point. I liked when he explained the five things he's looking for in each recruit and: "The way we recruit is very process-driven. We don't throw hot sauce on 'em the final weekend and try to scoop them in." LOL!

To Pearl's credit he had a play called at the end and the players didn't run it. It's just frustrating watching the team:(

Back