Waterbox 130.4 Macroalgae Display

Kataro, your tank is exceptional! Thanks for posting all the great photos. So much to see!

Do you have plans for any more additions? Or, are you going to let it ride for awhile? Just curious.

I'm currently looking for more Nano Gobies and of course more algae to add into the tank! Hoping more start coming in soon.

Here are some new pictures from today!

Sea apple been moving along the rock trying to find a new place to feast.

PhG1STnh.jpg

Emperor Shrimp still going strong! I try to feed him a big piece of squid every other day or so

iEtFHf6h.jpg

Nemastoma, this one keep peeling off but it looks like fishing line is the winner to keeping it down!

fI0RoV7h.jpg

Fauchea love growing in the shades

oFC1dzvh.jpg

Cryptomenia Sp (Blade Algae)

fpuoqXYh.jpg

Galaxaura growing like mad!

pRIlcTTh.jpg

Got a bit bored tonight and decided to snap some quick pics of the tank during feeding time.

Feeding takes about 30-40 Minutes.

I first dose a good amount of phytofeast to cloudy up the tank and get everything to open up. Then I dose some R.O.E / Tigger Feast / Brine Shrimp for all the fishes, shrimps, and crabs. Finally I dose a mixture of Roti Feast / Reef Roid, or Oyster Feast; this help feed all filter feeders.

Doryrhamphus Excisus out looking for some Tigger Pods

dcyKB9eh.jpg

Carnation Corals really open up after a Phytofeast feeding

PQCdFtXh.jpg

XGnmgh1h.jpg

F6apW6dh.jpg

Sea Cucumbers (Colochirus Robustus)

jzBoEUph.jpg

Caribbean Oyster (Spondyllus sp.)

7nBHlxKh.jpg

Red Claw Shrimps (Cuapetes Tenuipes) out from his cave.

Bq0oLyhh.jpg

Feather Starfish perched right in front of the Mp40 stream

ZBHIK6Yh.jpg

Crinoid Squat Lobster (Allogalathea Elegans) getting in on the feast!

dflt1kRh.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry for the lack of update guys! I've been busy with the tax season / work so I've been neglecting the tank.

I did finally get the chance to clean up the tank a little bit and did some pictures though!

Some new Xmas worm rocks

nPiSGS9h.jpg

B2Dq828h.jpg

kl19GxQh.jpg

My Sea Apple with his buddy. I'm getting a very special Sea Apple in soon, can't wait to show you guys!

KaT0gkyh.jpg

Another Shot

3xAywPhh.jpg

Sea Cucumber invading my algae

4L2d4Kyh.jpg

Carnation Coral still going strong!

jRWZ1y9h.jpg

Nemastoma has finally started to grow more

3G63ou5h.jpg

Fauchea Sp.

LgMGfzdh.jpg

I had thought this sea fan was a goner but it has stopped RTNing!

HxkIpXbh.jpg

Hope you guys enjoy! I will try to get more shots throughout this week!

Awesome pics! Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful tank with us. It truly is a color explosion! I love the crinoid, so unique, beautiful too.

So it's been pretty hectic here and I've neglected the tank for the last 2 weeks.

A problem I was having was with Cyanobacteria growing over everything in the tank. It started in one spot a few weeks back and it has been slowly spreading throughout the tank, so I decided to use Chemiclean a few days ago and it has since destroyed any Cyanobacteria!

My phosphate has been kept below 0.20 and have not seen any other nuisance algae beside Bubble algae, but even that grows very slowly in this tank. So hopefully cyanobacteria wont come back!

Here are some pictures after an overhaul of the tank today!

Colony of Colochirus robustus resting on my String of Pearl Algae. They've been reproducing asexually like mad in here.

ex2hGrdh.jpg

rJ1PJclh.jpg

Xmas worms are still doing good!

pPP3ITch.jpg

More Xmas Worms (Note the Allogalathea elegans aka Crinoid Squat Lobster)

amKZjsTh.jpg

Closer Look

V9mQNGVh.jpg

Red worm Cluster Duster

PbTzY3Xh.jpg

Cluster Duster (Bispira brunnea]

I788dgEh.jpg

Feather Starfish

oDi5G5Uh.jpg

Carnation coral still going strong!

3gvGRNwh.jpg

Trimma Cana

YNDwTDbh.jpg

Last edited:
More great pics! Glad to hear you got through a cyano phase. I too am getting some bubble algae. I got it off one rock, now it's popping up on another. Emerald crabs are said to be good for this. I may try one soon if I'm not successful myself.

Your christmas tree worms are vivid!

Got around to doing some shot of the Macroalgae! They've been growing like crazy in the tank and help keep the phosphate / nitrate down.

Purple Shimmer Algae (ID?)

P24AaYEh.jpg

Some Dasya Sp / Barbed Heart Algae (ID?) / Galaxaura Sp

0Pujwdih.jpg

LyGZfCFh.jpg

Fauchae Sp.

j07lrTfh.jpg

Nemastoma Sp

a0bLopfh.jpg

Hypnea Pannosa

JNYomKeh.jpg

Dragon Breath

4ibBwq0h.jpg

String of Pearl (ID?)

rJ1PJclh.jpg

Today I added a very exciting addition to the tank!

A white Sea Apple from Australia

Tmw73Luh.jpg

lVGXMTSh.jpg

I've been waiting a few weeks now for this to finally come in, fingers crossed that it'll do great in this tank!

I moved a few corals around and added a small gorg on this rock, the amount of life on it is ridiculous!

eBfkjkzh.jpg

There are a few more items I added but they're all hiding right now. I will have to try to get them sometime this week, so keep an eye out for the next update!

More?! Wow, what a collection of life you're assembling! The pics are dazzling. I look forward to seeing what else you got next update.

What a pack full of life your tank is! It must be fascinating to just sit and watch everything do their thing.

Maybe I missed this info in the thread here but what power settings are you running your lights at? Mind sharing your lighting file? I saw you had radions. Also, are you stilling running a skimmer? I saw 2 of them in your build. The nyos and I saw a smaller one just sitting out in one of your earlier pictures.

Sorry for the lack of updates! I've been busy with works and vacation to get away from this scorching heat!

I had my sister feed the tank for 2 weeks straight with no water change and when I came back... The algae had truly taken over the tank! I tested phosphate and it was still only 0.15, nitrate was still undetectable.

The only loss while I was gone was my emperor shrimp and my Caribbean Thorny Oyster.

FTS from today! I will need to do a trim soon

ogK24N3h.jpg

I purchased a Red Feather Starfish but didn't realized it would be a monster like this

T8mXUzkh.jpg

The other Feather dusters are still doing good!

6oR4m4Fh.jpg

Most of my Sea Cucumber seem to like this spot and gathered here

U1aO2NPh.jpg

ksOakjSh.jpg

Overgrown Algae

IsiXUvOh.jpg

Most of my Feather duster are still going strong

BhqOGceh.jpg

wOAA6bYh.jpg

Carnation Coral still holding on! It's not puffed out for this picture

fOMwucUh.jpg

My favorite Algae (Nemastoma) also exploded in growth while I was gone

rUIf2Xrh.jpg

I will try to get more pictures throughout the weekend here after I clean the tank up a bit!

Back