10,000 gal pool reef. 38,000 liters

Then... it rained... thunderstorm downpour... and this morning:

XW3z3Lj.jpg

XYvE8qj.jpg

There’s good news and bad news. Bad news first - I have an undesirable swimming pool in the dark clay that has to dry or be pumped out. Guess I got a harbor freight trip ahead of me.

Good news:
1. The walls held.
2. Most of the excavation is in decent shape.
3. The geothermal depth is clearly going to be saturated!
4. The sidewalks are cleaner so my neighbors don’t complIn about the mess.

:D

The forecast looks rough though... probably losing a week unless I’m really stubborn:

2bpiI6A.jpg

Hint- I’m very tenacious... I ordered a 40’ x 80’ tarp this time and I’m going to tarp the entire yard now!

I know it’s not fun but this will likely require some help. If you’re “tenacious” like me and are willing to duke it out with the elements ;) ... just pm me and let’s plan for an epic struggle to protect the yard...

So dramatic, I know ...

Last edited:
Then... it rained... thunderstorm downpour... and this morning:

XW3z3Lj.jpg

XYvE8qj.jpg

There's good news and bad news. Bad news first - I have an undesirable swimming pool in the dark clay that has to dry or be pumped out. Guess I got a harbor freight trip ahead of me.

Good news:
1. The walls held.
2. Most of the excavation is in decent shape.
3. The geothermal depth is clearly going to be saturated!
4. The sidewalks are cleaner so my neighbors don't complIn about the mess.

:D

The forecast looks rough though... probably losing a week unless I'm really stubborn:

2bpiI6A.jpg

Hint- I'm very tenacious... I ordered a 40' x 80' tarp this time and I'm going to tarp the entire yard now!

I know it's not fun but this will likely require some help. If you're "œtenacious" like me and are willing to duke it out with the elements ;) ... just pm me and let's plan for an epic struggle to protect the yard...

So dramatic, I know ...

Sending positive vibes from Southern California. I'm buckled in, with [emoji897] in hand. Can't wait for more updates

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yup see the HOA vibe now, all the same roof shingles, same siding, that is definitely a "planned community", good luck with the project.

Running an experiment with Thoroseal cementicious waterproofing:

4qKP4xI.jpg

I’m using a 6’ section of my old DIY skimmer embedded in concrete to see how much pressure the sealant will hold:

jwmX1vd.jpg

aiinc72.jpg

UJY4hu1.jpg

1yb6cFR.jpg

More material arriving:

100s of PVC connectors, pipes
100s of rebar, wood
ESP foam stacks with more on the way

Feels like I moved a couple of tons of material into my garage

VTbwtKy.jpg

Qpa6b3t.jpg

NDeYY87.jpg

tYw4DC4.jpg

That’s the 40’ x 80’ tarp... stitched with mil grade parachute rope... going up on the metal fence posts with concrete bases.... my latest attempt to thwart Mother Nature...

With a couple of friends, I completed the geothermal... it took a month.

Now I’m running pressure tests to find any holes and fixing them.

The weather was a big obstacle for weeks and working in a mud pit in 100 degrees after a rain was ... unique

6ur0quP.jpg

https://imgur.com/gallery/h1izlTL

https://imgur.com/user/BrightReefGardens

I apologize for not posting all the pics in the thread. It’s exhausting work.

Once it’s fixed, I need to remove the sawhorse supports, drop it in the pit with rope supports and then fill with sand and compact it

Then comes the air geothermal

Then the crushed concrete base under the pool

Last edited:
With a couple of friends, I completed the geothermal... it took a month.

Now I'm running pressure tests to find any holes and fixing them.

The weatHer was a big obstacle for weeks and working in a mud pit in 100 degrees after a rain was ... unique

6ur0quP.jpg

https://imgur.com/gallery/h1izlTL

https://imgur.com/user/BrightReefGardens

I apologize for not posting all the pics in the thread. It's exhausting work.

Once it's fixed, I need to remove the sawhorse supports, drop it in the pit with rope supports and then fill with sand and compact it

Then comes the air geothermal

Then the crushed concrete base under the pool

That's crazy what's your background?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m a scientist businessman :)
Still inviting anyone who wants to participate on this! It’s a hard project so needs lots of hands and minds

Glad to see some posts on this again. I've been curious about how it's coming along.

Wish I lived closer so I could help out.

Today I’m using a vacuum pump to try and draw pvc glue into the holes I found by pressurizing the system with my air compressor and listening for leaks. I’m waiting for it to dry and then I’ll repressurize and retest.

There are about 300 joints and each needs to be checked. I got an ultrasonic leak detector for the next pass in case there are still holes I couldn’t find with a stethoscope.

Back