Bonsai Tree inspired Aquascape

Six years later and you are still receiving tons of response on your aquascape. It is literally my favorite aquascape I have seen. Minimal, clean, functional, modern, asymmetrical, perfect.

I would literally pay hundreds for a custom/pre-made aquascape similar to this in a larger concept (like for a 90).

The only thing I am confused about is how the zip ties are secured to the rocks? Did you drill tiny holes in the rocks you wanted to link just big enough for the ties to go through?

Yea wonder if he is even in the hobby anymore. He has not logged on RC in about 2 years... Anyone know?

I often wonder what has happened to some of these nice tanks or why the owners with such talent quit or disappear from the hobby.

Yea wonder if he is even in the hobby anymore. He has not logged on RC in about 2 years... Anyone know?

I often wonder what has happened to some of these nice tanks or why the owners with such talent quit or disappear from the hobby.
It's called "forum burnout".
Been there, just starting to post again after a 2 year hiatus from the forums. Not the hobby though.
It happens.
I have no doubt if the op is still alive he will be back.
This is one of my favorite reef threads.

This tank is insanely beautiful, I'm starting to aquascape my new tank and I was really uninspired...but now I can't wait to get started:bounce3:.

His tank inspired me to do my version of bonsai aquascape

14403948869_76da3e9b1f.jpg
[/url]fts for CR (640x554) by mark_mikina, on Flickr[/IMG]

Updates?

Updates?

wherever you are crazy, your aquascaping has Been inspiring new ideas for 8 years now. Wondering what ever happened to your tank?
Just got a 36x24x24 and will try to copy your scape as best I could, but not sure I'll be able to.

I havent had a tank for 6 years, and i recall this thread from way back then....I am now in the 180g build process, and I came back to this thread for a reason. This aquascaping is by far the coolest I have ever seen.....I just hope I can replicate it on a larger scale. Maybe two of these with a cove in the middle? I cant wait to start playing!

I just getting my tank back up and running, this thread was an inspiration for me, that I was unfortunately unable to realize. However I cant see half the pics! Photobucket says they are disabled. What the cuss!

Just giving the man the myth the legend Thorly a good bump. He was local to me and I was able to visit this reef several times .. Last I had heard work transferred him to AZ .. Has anyone kept contact with him? I may reach out to the old reef heads local to see if they still talk.

Back