Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I don't care

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • What are you talking about????

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

michaelg

Am I the only one who wants our forums on and indy site?

Personally, the only reason I visit here is this forum on a regular basis. Would prefer our forum a little more private.

We could bounce people from here to our server. As I recall, we have plenty of bandwidth for now.........

the club actually had this discussion once I believe a year ago....I personally don't care. I do enjoy reefcentral, and do browse the different forums. I don't see any real benifit to having our own forum. In fact I suspect that the "cdmas forum" would probably be less active because a lot of members still do use Rc for it's vast info.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6823284#post6823284 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by jallard
the club actually had this discussion once I believe a year ago....I personally don't care. I do enjoy reefcentral, and do browse the different forums. I don't see any real benifit to having our own forum. In fact I suspect that the "cdmas forum" would probably be less active because a lot of members still do use Rc for it's vast info.
I agree!

I also like to have it in rc because I like to browse the other forums. I personaly think the

I also like to have it in rc because I like to browse the other forums. I personaly think the

I also like to have it in rc because I like to browse the other forums. I personaly think the club is not big enough with active members to make such a forum a big advantage. But if the club keeps growing like it has been in a few years there might be over a hundred members a our own board more of a neccesity. Just my 2 cents.

I thought it was kinda neat actually...growing up in the 60's has allowed me to have that happen sometimes when I am talking...heheh

I think we'd be creating more work for ourselves, but if there's people willing to commit to do the extra work, than I am indifferent.

For what it's worth, I think we would have to upgrade our web hosting account to be able to host a forum. That means more money, probably not too much though.

Actually, I think I consider the non-privacy to be an asset. I have few secrets though.

If there's dissatisfaction with RC, there is at least one other BB that would gladly host the site.

For that matter, I'll gladly host the forum on my own site, but you'll all have to talk about frogs. :D

F#$ck yes. Cursing this a big thing==== well not really. If people come here as only traffic, then we should keep it the way it is. This group is about the only reason I log onto RC these days. Still a great resource, but I have heard many times where peeps are intimidated by this big format.....

Vin- you are right, it is a lot more work for someone....

Joe- I recall the discussion last summer- doesn't mean that it should be re-visited. The group has grown a lot since then......

Joe- I recall the discussion last summer- doesn't mean that it should be re-visited. The group has grown a lot since then...... [/I]

I didn't say it couldn't be re-visited I just wasn't sure if you were involved with cdmas at that time....that's all. If tha majority wanted its own forum then I'm cool with it. However If it ain't broken...don't fix it :D

Well, maybe we should discuss why we'd need privacy.

If we have a compelling need for it, then lets do it! But if not, why not wait until the need arises?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6828540#post6828540 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by DanConnor
We could curse though. It would be like going to Sirius!

HOWARD! HOWARD!

Sorry guys thought I had my Sirius receiver on. I sit on the fence on this one. I see both sides and both seem to have a strong cause. Yeah I know I'm no help.

Not that I am the most active posting member but I get so confused with computers and this website stuff I might get lost (silly seeing as how I am the product of the information age). I don't mind RC but if there was a good clear cut reason I am all for a switch.

Is it just me or does it seem like we have alot of club members since we put michael put this thread up we have been getting alot of non club posters. Maybe I just notice them more now, or is michael very knowledgeable in voodoo as well...lol If this keeps up I might want to change my vote.

I'll tell you one thing....I wanted ask a question on another reef club's forum and I was unable to without registering first.

I was annoyed...didn't bother to register...left the site...probably never to return.

I can see that happening to this club as well if thats the direction the club goes. Translation: people may visit the forum, not bother to register (if needed to register in order to post), and ultimately, not get involved with the club. Thats how I see it...but I may be wrong.

btw...I havn't voted yet because I havn't made up my mind about this. At one point, I thought for sure that we should...then changed my mind. I'm still leaning towards having our own. Its a very important decision that still needs careful consideration given that alot of "well established" clubs do have their own forum.

Back