Clowns scratching

miketay89

Premium Member
My clowns have been scratching for the last couple of days. They appear to be scratching their gill area, and I really can not see anything on them. After doing some reading I think they may have flukes.
I am giving each pair a dip tonight in hydroplex, and have ordered some prazipro from dr. foster and smiths that is supposed to be here on Wed.
I did try to find some at petsmart today, but no luck. Megan and Tommy even came out to help me look for it.
So hopefully I will get this cleared up without any loss of fish. That is the worst part about having all of the tanks connected, one fish gets sick and the rest follow. There is noway that I can put 6 pair of clownfish in a hospital tank either. The females would rip each other to pieces, and one pair is tending eggs right now.
I guess I should invest into a uv sterilizer. The reason that I never have is I hate to kill off all of the zooplankton and phytoplanton in the system.

Thanks for the info, there are some good posts there.
The dip and treatment seems to have worked well. All scratching has stopped and they are all still eating good. I'm going to keep the treatment up for a couple more days.

Back