Digital Aquatics Reefkeeper Lite - Ended Up Going Apex

griss

RC Mod
Staff member
RC Mod
Haven’t used any controller like this ever, but have an opportunity to get one of these at what I believe is a good price. I know DA has been out of business for at least 5 years. Should I pull the trigger and get it? Or stay away since there’s no support.

As I said, I have absolutely no experience with these types of controllers.

The SID is the system interface device that connects to your computer and allows you to update the modules and program with your computer
It comes with it new but make sure it's in the box

The SID is the system interface device that connects to your computer and allows you to update the modules and program with your computer
It comes with it new but make sure it's in the box
Thanks. I thought the eBay auction was ending tomorrow, but it was today. I missed it. Someone won it for $150 + shipping.

Can you post a pic of the SID so, if a RK lite comes up in the future I’ll know what to look for?
There is more than one version of the SID. I will have to pull some out and get a photo. You would need the PC program called MyReef to use the SID anyway though. There will be no firmware updates now but it can be used to access the controller when it is up and running on a PC using MyReef.

Hmmm, being non-technical, I think I’ll stay away from the reefkeeper

Can you post a pic of the SID so, if a RK lite comes up in the future I’ll know what to look for?
Here is a photo of two different ones that I have.

EED30511-C29A-4C0C-B8E2-A65F9BBE84C0.jpeg

Thank you guys. Much appreciated. Seems I really missed out on that $150 RK Lite on eBay. Oh well, there will be something else.

The last used RKL Lite I purchased was $100, I would not spend more than that
Ah, thank you. There's one on eBay right now for $200. Even without having experience with these types of controllers, I thought that was too much.

I have one without the SID...actually never knew about it. I programmed it manually; tedious, but once programmed you don't need to change anything. I'd suggest getting an Apex EL or similar. They don't make the EL any longer, the new version is just the A3 (not Pro or Junior). Used should be around $300. Here's a new A3 system for $450.

Back