Finally My Custom Miracle Build with Fish Room

Henry....everything is looking great! slow and steady wins the race my friend!!!! so happy to see everything is working out for you!

Henry....everything is looking great! slow and steady wins the race my friend!!!! so happy to see everything is working out for you!

Thanks Steve. Things are plugging along slowly but surely. My new battle is with phosphates due to how heavy I feed combined with my cheato melting away. Not sure what caused it too much light or if the phosphates were too low but now they are nice and high. So a new hurdle has presented itself. There is now some dark algae that no critter is eating starting to grow on the rocks as well. Ahh the joys of reefing. Oh and one of my frags went missing...it was starting to color up nicely.

IMG_6113 by LifeThrough_TheLense, on Flickr

Seems you have a pretty extravagant setup and looks great. But question is since you have multiple external QT tanks, can I ask why you didn't plumb the frag tank into the same sump as the display tank?

Seems you have a pretty extravagant setup and looks great. But question is since you have multiple external QT tanks, can I ask why you didn't plumb the frag tank into the same sump as the display tank?

2k3Mach - Hello and thanks for the kind words. I like to keep my frag tanks separate from my main display in case anything goes horribly wrong I have a place where I can back corals I feel like saving. Currently my frag tank is garbage. Its just a algae grow out tank. I probably will switch the lighting over from LED to T5 on the Frag tank in a month or so but still undecided.

2k3Mach - Hello and thanks for the kind words. I like to keep my frag tanks separate from my main display in case anything goes horribly wrong I have a place where I can back corals I feel like saving. Currently my frag tank is garbage. Its just a algae grow out tank. I probably will switch the lighting over from LED to T5 on the Frag tank in a month or so but still undecided.

Well... I know you have put a lot of work into that and I hope you don't decide the hobby isn't for you anymore! Alot of time & money spent there - enjoy it. Just be careful and try not to get "too automated" as that's when you'll start having issues

Well... I know you have put a lot of work into that and I hope you don't decide the hobby isn't for you anymore! Alot of time & money spent there - enjoy it. Just be careful and try not to get "too automated" as that's when you'll start having issues

2k3Mach - I plan to stick it out and get back to my old glory days where my old tank was packed with SPS and some nice sized mini colonies and some large ones too. I'm just getting a few things squared away and changing things in smaller increments. The frag tank is more of experiment area but I can grow corals in both of them. Automation is so much better than the old days of DJ switches and home made timers...lol. I will try not to make it too automated though :D.

I will post some tank updates tomorrow but I had a chance to pull some pictures off the camera earlier today. Corals are growing and colors are looking great. There are a few new additions.

1.IMG_6830 by LifeThrough_TheLense, on Flickr

2.IMG_6820 by LifeThrough_TheLense, on Flickr

3.IMG_6803 by LifeThrough_TheLense, on Flickr

4.IMG_6799 by LifeThrough_TheLense, on Flickr

5.IMG_6796 by LifeThrough_TheLense, on Flickr

6. IMG_6779 by LifeThrough_TheLense, on Flickr

7. IMG_6768 by LifeThrough_TheLense, on Flickr

8. IMG_6759 by LifeThrough_TheLense, on Flickr

9. IMG_6742 by LifeThrough_TheLense, on Flickr

10. IMG_6731 by LifeThrough_TheLense, on Flickr

Nice pictures.
Please add name to the corals and fishes if you can.
I would love to know the names of your corals.

Nice pictures.
Please add name to the corals and fishes if you can.
I would love to know the names of your corals.

OrionN - I will try to post the names of the corals. Problem is many of them had color shifts or were dying off at some point so when I fragged them I forgot what they were. Fish I can do for sure...lol.

Nice Henry, corals are really starting to take off.
Love the hammer/wrasse shot.
. Matt - Some are really starting to take off. The milli at the top is one of the fastest growers. My problem is I keep having color shifts so I don't know what is what...lol. It's back to the ole school coral identification for me. Pretty blue tipped coral....lol.

Awesome pics, everyone is looking good and healthy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jesse - hope the frags are coming along in your tank. I am starting to see some growth from the ones you gave me last time you stopped by.

Its been a while since my last update but things are plugging along nicely. I am a little behind on updating as I was getting ready for vacation. I am finally back from Mexico and before I left I picked up a few new items. My top on my frag tank stopped working like a week before my trip and panic ensued. I have frequent power outages in my area so I brought a Ecotech Battery Backup before my vacation for some circulation. This thing is much bigger than I expected and its heavy. It seemed to have done its job while I was in Mexico as well. I was fighting some phosphate issues so I picked up the NoPox as well. I will start using in a few days once things get settled from vacation. I had both tanks on an auto timer for twice a day and the phosphates did not rise much more than they were before I left so I am pretty happy about that. My next update with be with the t5s I am adding for the center of the tank were the LEDs are not really reaching since they are not that high off the tank.

IMG_6887 by LifeThrough_TheLense, on Flickr

I had a dino bloom and struggling at the moment. The green slimer is gone, one of the acros on a plug is done now too, smh!

It was the 40 lbs of carib life rock I added. It said no cure time, but I dont know if that meant no cycle time? In any event im struggling to keep my animals alive....such a rookie move smh!!!!

I had a dino bloom and struggling at the moment. The green slimer is gone, one of the acros on a plug is done now too, smh!

It was the 40 lbs of carib life rock I added. It said no cure time, but I dont know if that meant no cycle time? In any event im struggling to keep my animals alive....such a rookie move smh!!!!

Jesse,
Sorry to hear about the issues man hopefully the tank will pull through. Don't throw them away. I have had ones that looked pretty bad and from only a few polyps come back. Move them to a non direct flow area and hopefully a few polyps will survive. Slow and steady wins the race...lol.

Picked up some new frags in the last few weeks and waiting for them to settle in and color up a bit.

1. Acropora SPS
Acropora SPS by LifeThrough_TheLense, on Flickr

2. Acropora Millepora
Acropora Millepora by LifeThrough_TheLense, on Flickr

3. Blue Tort Acropora
Blue Tort Acropora by LifeThrough_TheLense, on Flickr

4. BC Rainbow in Spain Acopora
BC Rainbow in Spain Acopora by LifeThrough_TheLense, on Flickr

5. Acopora SPS
Acopora SPS by LifeThrough_TheLense, on Flickr

6. ASD Rainbow Millepora Acropora
ASD Rainbow Millepora Acropora by LifeThrough_TheLense, on Flickr