Finally My Custom Miracle Build with Fish Room

Corals are looking great Henry, those caps are looking healthy!
Thanks Jesse! They may be growing too good...lol. The Tyree Baby Blue Polyp one (.05) I removed after taking the picture. It was shading my Sunset Monti that I was trying to grow out. I will probably trim the other two caps back a lot too. I was trying to have them for a place some cardinal fish would hang out under but I may have changed my mind on the cardinals. Getting a healthy group for a reasonable price is killing me.

<b> General Updates </b>

02-24-2020 - My Orange-Back Wrasse has disappeared and somehow my two cleaner shrimps have disappeared also. No one was bothering him when he was in the acclimation box so not sure what happened. He was swimming and eating fine a few days before. I suspect one of the wrasses has developed a taste for shrimp. I noticed my a few of my peppermint shrimp have disappeared as well. I will try to reorder and start the process over. I am currently trying to get the Mandarin to eat pellets but he is very stubborn and not easily fooled. My pipe and syringe technique is not working as he spits the pellets out when he gets one.​

A bit behind but here are the fish I have lost are listed below. I have been getting back to weekly maintenance and have been doing water changes again. I even brought some new corals and since I have reverted to neewbie mistakes pretty much killed them with my LEDs.
  1. Golden Rhomboidalis Wrasse (Cirrhilabrus rhomboidalis)
  2. Flame Fairy Wrasse (Cirrhilabrus jordani)
  3. Splendid Pintail Fairy Wrasse (Cirrhilabrus isosceles)
  4. Purple Tang (Zebrasoma xanthurum)
  5. Hooded Fairy Wrasse (Cirrhilabrus bathyphilus)
  6. Sailfin/Algae Blenny (Salarias fasciatus) x 2
  7. Spotted Mandarin (Synchiropus picturatus)
  8. Wyoming White Clownfish (Amphiprion ocellaris)
  9. Bluestreak Cleaner Wrasse (Labroides dimidiatus)
  10. Carpenter's Flasher Wrasse (Paracheilinus carpenteri) x 2

The next update will be corals that I have lost...lol. Spoiler alert it's a lot.

That’s truly terrible, very sorry to hear this. I’ve been through a couple tank wipeouts, keep plugging away.

That’s truly terrible, very sorry to hear this. I’ve been through a couple tank wipeouts, keep plugging away.
Yea, it always sucks. This hobby has its ups and downs and for the most part, is very rewarding. Its going to be fun to see things come back together and I get it back on track.

Back