Introduce yourself!!

Hello everyone! My name is Troy and I'm located in Boulder. After ten years of not being in the hobby I have just purchased a 220. It will be setup as a SPS tank but may include some unorthodox fish choices. I can't believe how far the our hobby has come. I'm building from the ground up do I'm hoping to put up pictures and posts as I go along. Plus I'm looking for some dry base rock if anyone has some;). Thanks Troy!

Hi, My name is Harry, I live in Castle Rock, I have a lot of tanks, both SW and FW, I just bought a 70g Reef Ready Acrylic tank that I am gonna need a ton of help with, I have a 55g fowlr,and a 2.5g picotope, and my FW tanks are a 29g, a 27g hex, anda some other small ones.

Hello

Hello

Hello everyone the name says it all I am Chris Lorentz. I live on the edge of Thornton and Brighton. I have been into freshwater tanks for years currently I have a 200 gallon, 125 gallon, a 55 gallon, 29 gallon, several 10 gallons and 1 35 gallon Saltwater reef. The saltwater bug got me about 1 year ago and I am really just now starting to add to the salt water tank. It has several mushrooms, condy anemone, 1 yellow tail damsel, 1 maroon clown, 1 blue leg hermit, 3 red leg hermits, 2 peppermint shrimp, 2 turbo snails, and 3 snails that go under the sand (please forgive me I cant remember what they are called) and about 45 lbs of live rock. Well the bug has gotten me so bad that my 125 is going to be transposed into saltwater soon hopefully I can just go to sleep wake up and it is changed over and full of coral.........:) Well I have been married for 15 years in December have two girls, two GSD, 1 jack russel. I do apartment maint. for a living. I love the outdoors hunting camping fishing boating 4-wheeling and the list just goes on and on. I guess I will leave it at that. I am sure I will be looking for answers the the questions that arise and proabbly giving a few answers as well.

[welcome]

Glad to have you here. Yeah when that saltwater bug bites it grabs and holds on tight. When you get the 125 setup, starta thread and show us some pics of both your saltwater tanks.

Hey my name is Jeremy

Hey my name is Jeremy

Hey I have had this obsession for the last 1 1/2 years and its getting out of control started with a 100 G and moved to 2- 120 now have a 300G acrylic in my tiny house. Love the hobby and the people in it thanks for all the insight from fellow hobbiest. Tanks has 6 175 MH, PC 260, tunze Ph and 7095 controller, aqua 3 with ozone, and dolphin return pump with 70 gal sump thanks.

Attachments

• 101_2461.jpg
    101_2461.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 3
Hey I have had this obsession for the last 1 1/2 years and its getting out of control started with a 100 G and moved to 2- 120 now have a 300G acrylic in my tiny house. Love the hobby and the people in it thanks for all the insight from fellow hobbiest. Tanks has 6 175 MH, PC 260, tunze Ph and 7095 controller, aqua 3 with ozone, and dolphin return pump with 70 gal sump thanks.
Very nice 300g, seeing how small that copperband looks in the tank puts things into perspective.
Now it's time to get some nice colorful corals in the tank.

Here are the pictures I promised

Here are the pictures I promised

Hello everyone the name says it all I am Chris Lorentz. I live on the edge of Thornton and Brighton. I have been into freshwater tanks for years currently I have a 200 gallon, 125 gallon, a 55 gallon, 29 gallon, several 10 gallons and 1 35 gallon Saltwater reef. The saltwater bug got me about 1 year ago and I am really just now starting to add to the salt water tank. It has several mushrooms, condy anemone, 1 yellow tail damsel, 1 maroon clown, 1 blue leg hermit, 3 red leg hermits, 2 peppermint shrimp, 2 turbo snails, and 3 snails that go under the sand (please forgive me I cant remember what they are called) and about 45 lbs of live rock. Well the bug has gotten me so bad that my 125 is going to be transposed into saltwater soon hopefully I can just go to sleep wake up and it is changed over and full of coral.........:) Well I have been married for 15 years in December have two girls, two GSD, 1 jack russel. I do apartment maint. for a living. I love the outdoors hunting camping fishing boating 4-wheeling and the list just goes on and on. I guess I will leave it at that. I am sure I will be looking for answers the the questions that arise and proabbly giving a few answers as well.

Attachments

• 115.jpg
    115.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 3
  • 116.jpg
    116.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 3
  • 117.jpg
    117.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 4
  • 121.jpg
    121.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 4
  • 126.jpg
    126.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 4
Hi there, I'm Joe and I live in Englewood, CO. I have been in the hobby for a few years now and have a 40g breeder, 5.5g aio and a 20long (all mixed reef). I am looking at getting rid of the 40g and downsizing to a new custom aquarium. So, if there is anyone out there that builds glass tanks, please let me know. Thanks.

welcome Joe,
It's nice to have you here. I see you already posted a thread about getting a custom tank built. It'll be interestin to see how that turns out.

Hi All,

I am one of the founding members and officers of the RMRC which was the predecessor to this club. I have not had time for a reef tank since I moved to Texas, after spending 42 years as a Denver native.

I was also a former moderator here at Reef Central and am still a moderator at Reefland.com

Good to see some of the old-timers are still on this board.

Regards,

Scott

Back