is it just me...

I see nothing wrong with posting for sale items on this forum. I don't want to pay for shipping, so I look here first. The problem I see with this forum lately though are the ridiculous asking prices. Why would anyone want to pay close to retail for used items? IMO, don't post unless you have something decent to offer.

I agree with making a sub forum for selling. If you look at our thread volume, the SoCal forum is by far the most active. Honestly, I don't see what is wrong with WTB/WTT/WTS threads that are relating to reef activities. It has introduced me to some very cool people that I otherwise wouldn't have met (and it has stocked my tank with some neat stuff as well.)

Why should we be forced to pay for overpriced corals from the LFS when someone 20 minutes away is willing to give it up for a fraction of the price, or even just a trade? Lets say I was looking for an item and I posted in the WTB forum. How many people in the SoCal actually read the WTB forum as frequently as they do the SoCal forum? The selling forum is another PITA. If you post something in there you end up getting a dozen people from 3k miles away wanting to buy your stuff. As for creating a thread in the SoCal forum, stating that you started a thread in the Selling forum, isn't that rather redundant? A thread is a thread.

I say just get rid of the "OT:Someone want to buy my Atari 2600 and '67 Mustang" threads and let us keep the others.

Perhaps a solution would be to divide SoCal up: Orange County, LA County, Riverside County, etc... or you could do it by club. If it were divided up by club then that might actually increase club membership.

Just some suggestions...

Back