Knoxville Area LFS

Anyone going to Charlotte, NC make sure to lookup Fintastic. I went 2 weeks ago and was impressed by the quality of service from each and every person that works there.

Many frags to choose from and great displays. I will going back as soon as I get my tanks setup!

Fintastic (704) 525-0049
2135 Ayrsley Town Blvd
Charlotte, NC 28273-3541

Store hours are:
Monday - Saturday: 11AM-8PM
Sunday: 1PM-6PM

Hey Gang just wanted to add Aquatic Marines Store hours

Monday-Saturday 11am-8pm
Closed Sunday

is this in knoxville? how many of these other stores in the knox area are still open? i've only found the aquarium and the coral reef with any kind of coral selection.

Thanks

Aquatic Marine is supposed to have a pretty decent coral selection but I haven't been there myself.

I know that Russell (Flavum) is pretty well into all kinds of corals so he'd probably help keep them stocked up!

Another one that seems to be gone

Another one that seems to be gone

I went by Harry's in Oak Ridge last week, but it is an empty store with all kinds of nice painted pets on the windows, but nothing inside. The phone number says it is no longer in service. Must have happened very recently because a friend of mine in Oak Ridge said he was just in there recently and it was fully stocked.

Steve W.

24 gallons nano w/ 150 w MH

I went by Harry's in Oak Ridge last week, but it is an empty store with all kinds of nice painted pets on the windows, but nothing inside. The phone number says it is no longer in service. Must have happened very recently because a friend of mine in Oak Ridge said he was just in there recently and it was fully stocked.
It happened this Summer. I think Aquatic Marine bought most of their tanks and is in the process of setting them up to add freshwater fish to their store.

Fins of franklin tn and the critter is where I usually shop. They are roughly 70 miles from me in smithville tn and knoxville is 97 from me.

Oh there is a store called Emerald Bay in lakewood used to be a really large saltwater store in Bellevue, More into reptiles now,,,,,,,

Pet cove in kingsport is still open. I was in there this week. Also I don't know if it was asked or not for sure but sea oddities in kingsport and fish fair in morristown are still opperating, atleast fishfair was about 3 weeks ago

Just got back from Asheville, does anyone know what happend to:

Mountains to Sea Aquariums
14 Sweeten Creek Road
Asheville, NC 28803

The store looks like it has shut down. Did they move or close if anyone knows?

:sad2:

Just got back from Asheville, does anyone know what happend to:

Mountains to Sea Aquariums
14 Sweeten Creek Road
Asheville, NC 28803

The store looks like it has shut down. Did they move or close if anyone knows?

:sad2:

Nope, they are still there. Their sign is down, but they are fully stocked with quite an assortment of corals! The last time that I was in there, they had a pretty low inventory of fish though.

Chris

Really

Really

I did not see their sign or any indication that it was open. The gate was also closed. Can anyone confirm that Mountains to Sea has been open after Oct 4this year.

I enjoyed their store and owners were very nice, even if it was a little store. They had some great frags for the price.

Also noticed that the North Carolina blog that they use to have was removed because of lack of use.

Will check next time in Ashville though.

Side Note: Coral Reef in Knoxville lookin great with the extra tanks, coral and space! :beer:

I did not see their sign or any indication that it was open. The gate was also closed. Can anyone confirm that Mountains to Sea has been open after Oct 4this year.

I enjoyed their store and owners were very nice, even if it was a little store. They had some great frags for the price.

Also noticed that the North Carolina blog that they use to have was removed because of lack of use.

Will check next time in Ashville though.

Side Note: Coral Reef in Knoxville lookin great with the extra tanks, coral and space! :beer:

I thought that I posted confrimation that they were still open... I know for a fact that they are except on sundays. I know the owners pretty well and also they are active on the asheville reef club forum if you would like to contact them personally.

As a matter of fact, anyone in eastern tn should check out the site for the next frag swap at Mountains To Sea on december 5th.

Thanks,
Chris

found a new one Ruffs pets in Harrimen nice lil place they have pretty good prices don't know much about saltwater but very nice people

Everyone in ktown knows that The Coral Reef is the plave to shop... good people that know their stuff and the best variety in town... If you dont shop there you should...

Back