Knoxville Area LFS

Respectfully, there are multiple fish stores in Knoxville that are capable of handling any and all of your needs. There is not any one store that is any better necessarily. Now, this is not the place to be advertising for any one particular store. Especially since you work there.

There is a new one that just opened up recently called Smoky Mountain Saltwater & Coral. Its on route 66, just a couple miles from 40...on the left in the little shopping center with the Dollar General (2558 Winnfield Dunn Parkway). Janie and I stopped in last week and had a great chat with the owner. A very nice young guy named Adam. There is no sign...some ordinance thing, so you have to know its there.

Smoky Mtn SW is closed. We tried there three times, each time the store wasn't open. We went up there.... I want to say three weeks ago? And the store had been replaced with another.
Has anyone mentioned Aquatic Marine? They are on 6655 Clinton Highway in Knoxville TN, right behind a bed store. It's easy to miss, so be on the look out for them.

I need to get back to Aquatic Marine, they were just opening up the new store when I was there last. Did they get that big acrylic display tank fixed?

Anyone have an updated list of the fish stores open in the tri cities? and knoxville.

I live in JC and the one here is closed. THink it was called aquatics and exotics or something like that

Well, for Knoxville there's still only Aquarium (Papermill Dr), Aquatic Marine (Clinton Hwy), and Coral Reef (Kingston Pk). I think there's a Petco out in west Knoxville that sells some marine fish but they get some of those from Sustainable Aquatics. Since SA and CR are owned by the same people, you'd be better off going to CR for any fish you've seen at Petco. Also AM stocks some SA fish too.

I'm not sure what stores there are in the Tri-cities. Sorry!

Rumor of a PetCo coming to Morristown

Rumor of a PetCo coming to Morristown

Well, for Knoxville there's still only Aquarium (Papermill Dr), Aquatic Marine (Clinton Hwy), and Coral Reef (Kingston Pk). I think there's a Petco out in west Knoxville that sells some marine fish but they get some of those from Sustainable Aquatics. Since SA and CR are owned by the same people, you'd be better off going to CR for any fish you've seen at Petco. Also AM stocks some SA fish too.

I'm not sure what stores there are in the Tri-cities. Sorry!

I just heard from a good source that there will be a PetCo coming to Morristown. I'm not so sure I would buy SW fish or corals from them - it will depend on how clean and experienced their staff is but just a heads-up on this new store.

I am still a huge fan of Amy and her staff at The Coral Reef - awesome store :strange:

PetCo in other states is starting to carry SW fish and corals and depending on the manger/staff it can a good thing or disaster - mostly disasters from what I've read on other forums.

An update from tri cities.

Went to Pet Cove in Kingpsport: DUMP. Would never buy anything from this place. Not clean at all, smelled awful.
Went to Sea Oddities: Not as bad of a dump but still a dump. Everything they sold was outdated. All of their tanks looked gross and it was just not a clean environment.
Tried calling Under The Sea before heading out there, but the phone number has been disconnected so that tells me they are closed.

Planning on visiting the three main fish stores in Knoxville this weekend, hoping they will be nicer.

I have had better luck with fish from Pet Cove than I have most any other place in the surrounding states. Yes, it is pretty dumpy and doesn't smell that great, but it is not just fish, they sell reptiles and rodents so its gonna stink. But they do have good fish. Anytime I'm passing through I make a point to stop in and usually end up taking something home with me.

I recently stopped in at "Aquarium" at Knoxville on my way back home from Florida and could not believe how overpriced everything was.

From the first post:

Hello everyone, this is a thread to list LFS within a couple of hours driving distance. Please only list the locations (and phone numbers if you have them) without giving any opinions of any kind. Let the new people make up their own minds about which stores are better.

Thanks Jrod4 and jmccown for your input, but this is an informational thread only, so while facts are welcome (store locations, contact info, hours, etc), we'd like to keep it free of additional clutter.

I'm sorry I neglected this thread but YES, we're keeping this thread free of opinions...just facts about where the SW stores are in Knoxville and surrounding areas.

We all have opinions about LFS, some of them with good reasons, some without. So let's just keep this thread clean! Feel free to drag any other regular ETRC threads off topic...just not this one.

I think it would help if the original post were updated to contain all the current stores that are open in East TN. Under the Sea in bristol is no longer open.

The original posts on these threads cannot be updated. You can only edit posts for a little while on RC.

I'm new to the area, and not sure where all these cities are. I live in Crossville. What stores are there between here and Knoxville?

Back