Lfs in so cal

Deep blue, nice $10 frags today!

Pricing is very reasonable. There's a $10 section that has a mixture of some sps, lps, and softies. Sometimes you can find some nice stuff in there. From there, it goes up to $25 for the nicer acro frags, and a little more for bigger pieces. I think it's worth it to stop by if you're into sps.

There is a fish store named exotic fish and corals open at 804 N Tustin St, Orange, CA 92867
Maybe new owner, I don't know.
I was there not to long ago it it was the worst store I had been in in years. They had nothing close to exotic and ded fish in several tanks. The Petco close by had healthier fish. I sure hope they have a new owner again!

I was there not to long ago it it was the worst store I had been in in years. They had nothing close to exotic and ded fish in several tanks. The Petco close by had healthier fish. I sure hope they have a new owner again!
Agreed, it even had a weird smell.

Stopped in to Ultra Gem in Burbank, which had a really amount of frags for sale. Prices on both dry goods and coral seem really good. Adam is great

Aquarium city in the Canoga park area has been where I purchased my fish from - decent prices on fish, and the owner / upper management are honest in their recommendations, and even those diseases and fish they were about to sell me and helped me pick out a new fish instead. Some of their normal employees though can be easily spotted not having knowledge nor having their own aquarium probably.

I used to go to Reef Rat in Garden Grove back in the day. I guess they are not in business anymore. It was a great place to pick up corals. Too bad. I don't see too many LFS anymore with good selection and good prices.

Check out Amazing Aquariums and Reefs in Orange. First time stopping by today and it was probably one of my favorites.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used to go to Reef Rat in Garden Grove back in the day. I guess they are not in business anymore. It was a great place to pick up corals. Too bad. I don't see too many LFS anymore with good selection and good prices.

Reef Raft just recently reopened in Anaheim, check out their forum on socalireefs dot com for the address and hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello,

I will be visiting from Florida and stay in LA area and OC area all next week. I plan on hitting up as many good LFS as possible. I know LAX and Vivid are the bigger one, perhaps Ultragem, Aquatic Warehouse in SD?? Anyone here local has any recommendation on any other one? As you know driving around in LA can take over a day so it need to be well planned otherwise will stuck in traffic for hours from going to burbank back to OC etc...

I like to look at Corals, Fishes, Setup, and Equipment etc.. Marine stuff.. not fresh water..

Last edited:
Hello,

I will be visiting from Florida and stay in LA area and OC area all next week. I plan on hitting up as many good LFS as possible. I know LAX and Vivid are the bigger one, perhaps Ultragem? Anyone here local has any recommendation on any other one? As you know driving around in LA can take over a day so it need to be well planned otherwise will stuck in traffic for hours from going to burbank back to OC etc...

I like to look at Corals, Fishes, Setup, and Equipment etc.. Marine stuff.. not fresh water..

Welcome!
Vivid is awesome, beauttttiful stuff. A bit on the pricier side - but also comes w/ a 15day guarantee.
Ultra gem is great for zoas / LPS. Prices aren't too bad, and they're willing to give a deal for multiples.
California Aquarium has some wonderful pieces / good prices, and I highly recommend checking them out! Mainly open on the weekends - but can see you mid week via appointment.
My go-to is Coral Collectors in westlake! Seriously, best prices out there, for some very generous sps / lps pieces. If you're looking to take back some coral, I'd highly recommend paying Jason a visit. Same as above - schedule an appointment to visit him.
Rainbow Aquariuam & Deep Blue aquarium are another 2 that are cool to check out every once in a while =)

Back