Lfs in so cal

Welcome!
Vivid is awesome, beauttttiful stuff. A bit on the pricier side - but also comes w/ a 15day guarantee.
Ultra gem is great for zoas / LPS. Prices aren't too bad, and they're willing to give a deal for multiples.
California Aquarium has some wonderful pieces / good prices, and I highly recommend checking them out! Mainly open on the weekends - but can see you mid week via appointment.
My go-to is Coral Collectors in westlake! Seriously, best prices out there, for some very generous sps / lps pieces. If you're looking to take back some coral, I'd highly recommend paying Jason a visit. Same as above - schedule an appointment to visit him.
Rainbow Aquariuam & Deep Blue aquarium are another 2 that are cool to check out every once in a while =)

Great, thanks for the updated go to list. I have a week so will group them in area and visit them. Visiting a nice display store will give you inspiration and motivation on your built and this hobby you need it. Hope you all enjoy Reefapalooza coming up in Cali.. I been the one in Orlando and it is amazing.. I will be in Macna 2017 in New Orleans in August!

P.S. is Aquatic Warehouse in SD or Age of Aquarium worth a visit too? Saw it is pretty big..

If you're into Acros or want to spend 2-3 hours looking at corals, definitely check out Two Guys Corals in Anaheim. You won't be disappointed.

If you're in Anaheim then hit up two guys, reef raft USA, reef lounge and Ali's they're all very close to each other

If you're in Anaheim then hit up two guys, reef raft USA, reef lounge and Ali's they're all very close to each other

If Ali is the same guy from 10 years ago? If so, I give him props. Where is his store now?

I'm in corona now and have been visiting treasure of the sea and am happy with their quality, support and selection which is good because it's also the only place I can find anywhere near me.

Hey fellow reefers, fairly new reefer, new to the forum, read a couple pages of the thread but not all, sorry if these stores have already been mentioned.

- LAX Aquarium - great prices for fish, coral kinda pricey. stock is not high end, but they get new fish/coral pretty often. WARNING: if you do NOT QT, do NOT buy fish from here.

UltraGem (Burbank) - great coral and prices, fish selection not so much.

Valencia Pet (uh, Valencia.) - my LFS, but haven't bought too much from them. (Yes, I've been driving to LAX a lot....). Kinda pricey, but noticed they've dropped prices a lot recently. They supposedly ran a fish wholesale company before, for what its worth.

Hey fellow reefers, fairly new reefer, new to the forum, read a couple pages of the thread but not all, sorry if these stores have already been mentioned.

- LAX Aquarium - great prices for fish, coral kinda pricey. stock is not high end, but they get new fish/coral pretty often. WARNING: if you do NOT QT, do NOT buy fish from here.

UltraGem (Burbank) - great coral and prices, fish selection not so much.

Valencia Pet (uh, Valencia.) - my LFS, but haven't bought too much from them. (Yes, I've been driving to LAX a lot....). Kinda pricey, but noticed they've dropped prices a lot recently. They supposedly ran a fish wholesale company before, for what its worth.
LAX aquarium is overpriced on everything... if your driving to lax theres better places youre passing on the way there...

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Hey guys, what LFS in SoCal nearer to the Rancho Cucamonga area carries some more high end SPS. Have yet to find a LFS that carries good SPS.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Hey guys, what LFS in SoCal nearer to the Rancho Cucamonga area carries some more high end SPS. Have yet to find a LFS that carries good SPS.

I stopped by Treasures of the Sea in Riverside today; hadn't been there in over a year or more. Quite a few SPS frags, I was impressed. There hasn't been a store in the IE to have decent SPS in a long time. He has a couple large frag tanks stuffed with all types of corals.

I stopped by Treasures of the Sea in Riverside today; hadn't been there in over a year or more. Quite a few SPS frags, I was impressed. There hasn't been a store in the IE to have decent SPS in a long time. He has a couple large frag tanks stuffed with all types of corals.
Awesome. I'll try to find time to visit them next week. [emoji106][emoji106]

Mystic reef has some very nice SPS however.......

I was there a few weeks ago and picked up a 1 head of frogspawn, my bad, I didn't ask a price but he charged me $50 SMFH

Nice coral but I doubt I will be going back.

Coral collectors in Westlake Village has by far the best deals on coral especially high end acros and can get you anything she wants and goes to the warehouse every other week

Checked out UltraGem in Burbank today. Decent selection of beginner fish and designer Clowns. Looked healthy. Good prices on CuC. Good amount of colored up SPS and LPS corals both colonies and frags. Everything was under blue LED though, so hard to tell what they look like under full spectrum.
They have some intense bubble gum Digi I've never seen so bright and colorful. But at $75 for a 1/2 in. single branch I couldn't do it.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

I just found out that reef lounge USA is jimmy of fish collection. Love that guy and his store is great. I saw a beautiful Sohal that someone needs to rescue there. I’d do it but I’m afraid my 6’ 135 is just too small :(

Back