My R. Florida is Growing Like Crazy

I do have to say that my Yuma is almost the same color and when the lights are out his little bubbles shrivel up but that thing is crazy!

Today’s pics.

Attachments

• IMG_5283.jpeg
    IMG_5283.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_5284.jpeg
    IMG_5284.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_5285.jpeg
    IMG_5285.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_5286.jpeg
    IMG_5286.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 16
Our (adult) kids got me a KP gift card for Christmas. Unfortunately, collection season is over😞. So, all the Rics are out of stock. I’ll have to wait until spring I guess.

Sounds like good family. Mine didn’t get me any fish related stuff off my list but I got a ton of the tools I wanted. And remember, patience is key in this hobby 😉

Sounds like good family. Mine didn’t get me any fish related stuff off my list but I got a ton of the tools I wanted. And remember, patience is key in this hobby 😉
Yeah, maybe this will motivate me to move that wall in the basement and finally start on the upgrade😂

Well, so far the two new Rics are a bit of a disappointment. After 24 hours, the green/purple is still only dime sized. The other is a green “oddball.” Neither are opening much.

Rics I’ve gotten in the past from KP have been much larger. Maybe because it’s the end of the collection season these are smaller. I’m okay with that as long as they start opening soon.
Never posted an update to this and I should have as these two Rics really took off. Once again, Kara and Philipp are awesome.

Okay, getting weirder, about the size of a raisin😳. And pics of the other Rics just to show they’re still normal.

Attachments

• IMG_5385.jpeg
    IMG_5385.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_5386.jpeg
    IMG_5386.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_5387.jpeg
    IMG_5387.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 11
Hmmm, first pic didn’t upload. Here it is.

Attachments

• IMG_5384.jpeg
    IMG_5384.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 10
It’s freaking crazy, I was just a regular Ric for years and all of the others are looking like regular Rics?????
I think it’s per mushroom/tank/light. I had bought some bounces and they “de-bounced” in my tank. Rumor is LED leads to higher bouncing. Maybe those LED strips did it?

Very likely Shane, I never heard of Rics bouncing but a quick google search says they do. And, my Rics are all on/near the bottom front of my tank under an actinic LED.

I know upthread I said I was going to wait for the upgrade to order more Rics but I got a notification Sunday that KP had some back in stock and I couldn't resist. Between the Christmas and B-Day gift cards the kids got me, I had $180 in gift cards to KP. Here's what I'm getting:
(2) Fluorescent Green & Purple Single Mouth Rics
(1) Rainbow Multiple Mouth Ric
(2) Fluorescent Green Single Mouth Rics
(1) Chalk Bass
Some Dwarf Ceriths
Some Nassarius
Some Scarlet Reef Hermits
Common Starfish

Unfortunately, they didn't have any of their Yellow Rics. I've been on the waiting list for those for a long time.

Back