New Members and Introductions

Hello my name is Jared.
I have been reefing for about 4 years. I have a 135 gallon mixed reef tank. I run 6 10w leds on it. This tank is about 5 months old. I am new to nvr and would like to meet so local reefers.

Welcome Jeremy and Jared. I'm looking forward to see you guys tank progress and hopefully seeing you guys at the meeting this Month

Hello Jared and Jeremy. Glad you two stumbled across us over here. Jeremy I'm just an arms length reach from you. PM me anytime since you do live probably 10 minutes away. There are a few members in the Merced and Atwater area :)

Jared, nice to see you here also. I think there are a few Escalon and Waterford members that post here. I know RBK and Oakdale have a few also. Can we get a whoop whoop for small towns! :D (whoop whoop!!!)

Hope both of you can make our upcoming LED meeting in Salida. It'll be nice to see some new faces then you can meet our BOD team and other great NVR members. See you soon hopefully!

New To NVR

New To NVR

Hi my name is james and I am currently setting up my 100 gallon hopefully mixed tank here with all the progress and support that I have been geting from everyone here!!! Thanks alot and a big shout out to brian for the skimmer for the hundred gallon and support with all of the live rock Im looking for . Currently i have a 40gal tall with two 65w acint, 250 watt mH 15,000k few mixed coral clown , and Jaw fish damb guy is a hider though only when he creeps out to eat damb it. New to the saltwater hobbie/passion too many crazy, cool and beautiful things to get.... hopefull will be able to meet a lot more of you all later this month just so many darn questions because a little over a year of this is still to unsereal/ LOL:blown:

Hey guys I'm Brandon new to SW just started about 6 months ago ...I think hahaha around there started off with a 3 gal pico slowly got some corals and it worked out great so I went an bought a 29 gal tank built a stand bought some T5 HO lights for about 50 great deal found on eBay then a canister filter found for around 50 on eBay as well then 2 powerheads from someone breaking down there tank for 30 pretty cheap build seems to be doing great the picture is that recent I will put some up soon I got some new stuff I so far I have some hammer,zoas,buttons,GSP,daisy polyps,mushrooms,yellow polyps,Kenya tree, and trying small frag of monti and acro not sure how it will do
034fa8e9.jpg
[/IMG]
b49eefba.jpg
[/IMG][/IMG][/IMG]

Alright that's better I will post some more pics tomorrow I can take some new ones so The first is my yellow polyps 2nd is my 3 gal pico 3rd is with my blue LEDs at night bought it for 7 bucks and it's waterproof petty cool :) and last is my hammer

New to saltwater tanks

New to saltwater tanks

Hey..I'm Dave...want to say what's up to everyone on here. Hopefully I will be able to obtain information for helping with my new saltwater tank... I currently have a 55 gal african cichlid tank...i am in the process of setting up a 125 gal FOWLR tank... I'm very nervous about it will all the information and different opinions are out there!!!! I just added 25lbs of live rock and 20lbs of dead rock...want to get a nice aquascape going...my lavels are good so far except nitrate seems to be a little high...next i will be adding some starter fish...i am not using a sump...curently i have a filstar xp3 but want to add another high power filter as well..i also have 1 powerhead for water movement...any advice would be greatly appreciated..this is all new to me

My name is K.C. and I live in Modesto. I am new to saltwater (had small FW tanks for 8 years or so), and I am currently setting up a 40 gallon Truvu. Still needs a few plumbing parts, some acrylic work converting the wet/dry into a refugium, prob a week or 2 before it is up and running...

I am an ex computer tech with a degree in electronics engineering, currently working as a bodyguard. I am into computers (just built myself a sick 6 core rig), music (plays bass), guns (like to hit the range a couple times a month).

Hey just wanted to introduce my self here in the local forums! I just moved out to Manteca in Jan. I started my 29g about a month ago and have had a lot of progress so far. I am slowly going to add some Zoa's in a few weeks or so but anyways here is a link to my build thread and a quick pic of my setup.

My build thread.

IMG_0797.jpg

Specs:

Coralife Protein Skimmer
Aquaclear 110 HOB turned Refuge w/ Mini Aqualight
Rapid LED 5 LED PAR38 Bulbs with 80 Optics
100w Heater
Aqueon Wavemaker

40lbs of Live Rock
15lbs of Live Sand

3 Emerald Crabs
3 Turbo Snails

Hi my name is Dave,new around here,My tank is a 72gal display mixed reef

Attachments

• IMG_20110326_221421.jpg
    IMG_20110326_221421.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20110324_183424.jpg
    IMG_20110324_183424.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 4
Hi there!

Though I'm pretty experienced with freshwater (I have sooo many tanks...), saltwater is very very new to me! I'm out in exciting Oakdale (har har) and got an established 12 gallon nanocube dx from someone very cheap! So I've been learning as I go.... no disasters yet!

Hi there!

Though I'm pretty experienced with freshwater (I have sooo many tanks...), saltwater is very very new to me! I'm out in exciting Oakdale (har har) and got an established 12 gallon nanocube dx from someone very cheap! So I've been learning as I go.... no disasters yet!

Just FYI most people have moved over to nvreefers.org. It's our own forum. I am in oakdale too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back