Surprise gift from step dad jump starts my new build!!!

If it were me I would use 3w cree and build my own fixture. For your tank I would use three heatsinks one for each 2x2 area with 24 leds per heatsink with 2:1 ratio and dimmable drivers. No need to explain there are a million led write up on this site but like stated in my previous post I like t5 because you can get the color you want. You could run 6x80w with icecap ballast and good reflectors and pretty much keep anything in there.

If it were me I would use 3w cree and build my own fixture. For your tank I would use three heatsinks one for each 2x2 area with 24 leds per heatsink with 2:1 ratio and dimmable drivers. No need to explain there are a million led write up on this site but like stated in my previous post I like t5 because you can get the color you want. You could run 6x80w with icecap ballast and good reflectors and pretty much keep anything in there.

Thanks J, just doing the comparisons before I make any decisions. I will look into the Cree's as soon as I can catch my breath here at work today.

Are we on for tomorrow night?!

OK update time.

I've decided to go with halides for lighting mainly due to cash flow. Since there are so many people jumping on the LED bandwagon there are alot of great deals out there. So far I have picked up three magnetic Icecap ballasts 250w and three Reef Optix 3 HQI pendants for less than $700 total. All I need now are to order my 3 Phoenix 14K bulbs and my lighting will be complete for less than $800. I saved myself around 400-600 dollars already.

I have also ordered a MP40es.

The contractor came by last Friday but will need to come by again with a plumber because he could not answer a couple questions I have about installing a bathroom in the basement along with the build. So I'm still in a holding pattern with this tank still on the ground. If anyone out there is looking for side work please shoot me a pm and lets talk.

Dave thank you for offering your sump/fuge but since I do not know if I can take it I wouldn't pass on any offers. Thank you again.

Will the phoenix 14k look ok on the icecap I heard it makes them look liked a washed out blue like windex. I thought they were suppose to be ran on hqi ballast.

two years worth of halide bulbs:D

I plan on saving a bit more by the end of all of this. :)

Electric Bill might go up a bit.

Yes I figured but since we are on the energy plan I don't think I will take too big of a hit.

Will the phoenix 14k look ok on the icecap I heard it makes them look liked a washed out blue like windex. I thought they were suppose to be ran on hqi ballast.

I shouldn't have said electronic not magnetic. These ballasts are hqi 250's. As for the color, my friend runs the same thing and I really like the way his colors pop. If I see a difference on my setup I will definitely play around with bulb selection.

Thanks to Dave (dbuesking) I now have a 110gallon sump along with my Vertex Royal Exclusive in my basement waiting for the construction to begin.

As it stands now I will be running the 180 down through the 110 sump with a T split in one of the drains going to a 75gallon fuge that will gravity feed back into the return section of the sump. The total system water volume should be around 300gallons total.

Attachments

• 110 sump.jpg
    110 sump.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 4
Thank you sir! I actually picked that up used for less than a month still with it's 2 year warranty on it. I fronted the money for it for a friend but he is lagging on paying me back so I may just end up keeping it for this system. The wish list is getting smaller and smaller every day I keep making purchases. I still need to pick up a second MP40 and pick out a controller then it's pretty much on to small ticket items.

Still trying to find a way to get this build sped up, anybody looking for a healthy kidney?!

It must have been nook because I was banned for vulgar language. Apparently I was a little too enthusiastic about the breasts of the girl on the show 'Tanked'. lol Thanks for your help getting it taken care of. Even my pendants showed up in the mail today!

I apologize sincerely for my actions.

Good morning all,

I thought I should put up a notice and see if anyone here knows of someone who is in need of work? As you know from this thread I am finishing my basement in order to get this tank in the wall. I have a contractor who has given me an estimate but I would like to offer this as well to someone here who may be in need of work?! If you or anyone you trust is a carpenter/electrician/plumber and is in need of work please contact me right away so we can get to talking! My cell number is 708-539-5377 if anyone would like to reach me. If it's something that can be done on the side away from your regular 9-5 that's OK too. We simply need someone reliable and trustworthy for a fair price. Oh and I'm paying cash if that's what motivates you! :)

Thanks,
Anthony

OK after weeks of back and forth with my wife over the details I believe I know have the final layout of the basement. Take a look and tell me what you all think?!

I'll have a 21' long wall to place all my toys! :)

Attachments

• the layout measurements.jpg
    the layout measurements.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 3
It's been just about a month and a half since my last update and ground has been broken! We have gotten the studs layed out and the room ready for eletrical and plumbing work. It may slow down at this point due to Christmas being right around the corner but I am happy knowing I've move along with the project so far!

Let's do some before and after pics shall we!!!

OoookkkKKKK we are experiencing technical difficulties. We now continue with your regular scheduled broadcast.

Attachments

• droid 649.jpg
    droid 649.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 4
  • droid 650.jpg
    droid 650.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 4
  • droid 651.jpg
    droid 651.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 4
Sorry but last night RC was having server problems so I had to abort uploading my photos.

Here are some before shots.

Attachments

• Picture 004.jpg
    Picture 004.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 4
  • Picture 123.jpg
    Picture 123.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 4
  • Picture 124.jpg
    Picture 124.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 3
Some more.....