Surprise gift from step dad jump starts my new build!!!

angle view

Attachments

• image (7).jpeg
    image (7).jpeg
    34.7 KB · Views: 4
Looks great! Big fan of the ledge for the front trim. Perfect place to set a beverage and sit back to watch.

Great setup! It may have take 3 years but it's done and only took one main tank, which is more than can be said for Pife. :D

Looks great! Big fan of the ledge for the front trim. Perfect place to set a beverage and sit back to watch.

Thanks!! :)

I agree. It was a last minute decision to go that route as well. Soooo glad I did. I'm going to get some stools for the kids to sit at.

Great setup! It may have take 3 years but it's done and only took one main tank, which is more than can be said for Pife. :D

???
enlighten me

It took you 3 yrs to set this up?

LMAO not just the tank it was an entire basement project. If you read page one you'd see that my entire basement wasn't finished and my step dad bought me the 180g. Since I have three kids and don't make very much money I had to build it out in phases. The good part is that I was able to design the basement around the idea that I wanted to be able to see the tank while I was watching TV or a movie. Got a bathroom down there and a nice walk out into the yard. Good size little fish room as well with plenty of storage left as well. I am very happy with how it turned out.

Very nice! Slow and steady wins the race in this hobby.

Thanks. I'm not a patient person either so this has been trying. I received my latest rock order from BRS last night - one huge piece of Pukani -and spent hours last night ruining my aquascape. I may have even nicked my glass in the process. I should have thought out how I was going to do it more but nope I rushed and ruined it. Sand everywhere in all three tanks again and unhappy about the rock work. How frustrating.

Looks great. Now I know what my basement will look like in 3 years.

LOL glad I get the joke now. Good on you for having a good sense of humor about it.

Congrats on getting up and running. What's your livestock list look like?

I'm not a 100% yet but it is definitely going to be a mixed tank. I could easily go the SPS route (have plenty of flow if I want it) but I'd rather mix it up. As for fish the only one I've ever really wanted was an Achilles but that'll probably never happen. I guess I'll end up with the typical clowns, Chromis/Cardinal, and some yellow tangs with eventually getting a Powder Blue or something. Honestly I've put it all so far out of thought just to get to this point that I'm not prepared to answer your question. lol

Have to say that I've done the same over the years, but this build I'm going the "safe" direction. Thinking right now two 20gal for QT to give me the ability to use TTM or treat in stages.

Back in the nineties I had a ick outbreak and cost me $300 worth of fish because I rolled the dice.

Back