WTB smaller items - getting back in

m0nk

Zen through Reefkeeping
Hello all, it's been a good 2+ years since I've been around. I had to sell off my ol' 180g setup a while back when I sold the house, but these days I'm getting ready to setup a Biocube 14. There are a couple of things I was hoping to pickup used, if anyone has them available. If so, please let me know how much and when it's available for pickup.

My hope is to get the tank running with at least LR/LS within the next week, cycled, and ready for fish by Xmas for the kids.

Here's what I'm after:

150-250 GPH powerhead (I'm leaning towards getting a new Koralia since I've had them in the past and really like the way they work, but would be happy with anything at a lower pricetag)
Any MJ 600-1200 model for mixing salt
A couple of 50-watt heaters
Mag-float small
Buckets? I know they're $5+ at Lowes, just figure if someone has one that can go with any of the above it would save me a trip. :D
LR (smaller pieces, and of course after I get all of the above and setup the tank)

Thanks all, and I'm looking forward to getting back into the hobby, even if it is on a much smaller scale than it used to be.

-alex

Just wanted to ask again if anyone has any of the supplies above that they're no longer in need of. I'd also like to add to the list:

Any powerhead, any size (instead of limiting to maxi-jets). This one is for mixing salt, so I suppose size won't matter
Refractometer. I had one but sold it when I got out a while back

I still need at least one 50-watt heater for the tank, another heater that can be any size (for mixing salt), a powerhead in the 150-250 GPH range, a mag-float, and LR when all the rest is put together.

Thanks everyone, I hope someone has something they're able to part with. :cool:

I have an old penguin 660 power head =$free.
Live rock and base rock also available = $3 a pound.

You probably don't remember but years ago (6-8 maybe), when you tore down, you gave me a good deal on some frags, perhaps when you're ready, I can return the favor,
Thanks!
Brian

Brian,

Thanks, that's awesome and will help quite a bit. I plan on going down to TFP this weekend to get the remaining few items I need to at least get up and running (heater, sand, salt) and once I'm ready to cycle I would be very happy (and grateful) to meetup. I could come down that way next weekend; probably Saturday the 15th if that works for you. I have the same cell number, but not sure if you have it so I can PM it to you.

I do recall, too. It's certainly been a while ... I stayed in the hobby for another year after having to break down the 180g. Sadly I'm in a small apartment now and need to keep it small. :D But I'll definitely be doing polyps/zoas/rics/maybe frogspawn at some point once things are stable... so thank you again, and I'll definitely take you up on that offer too.

-alex

Hey alex. You should plan on going to TFP on Sunday. Brian and I are meeting there so I can pick up some coral from him. Make it an unofficial SRC mini meet. LOL We haven't set a time yet.

That would be pretty cool; I may not be able to go Sunday though. I have a friend coming along (who is going with me to drop my motorcycle at the shop first ... it's on the way) ... he has his daughter Saturday and she hasn't been there before. If something changes and he can't go further than dropping the bike off then I'll wait and come down on Sunday. :)

Monk, we're meeting at 4pm. PM and text sent. I have three colonies of frogspawn, the smallest is the size of a baseball with 10-15 heads maybe, all yours when you're ready:)

That would be totally awesome... will be a month or two, but wow! I'll get back to you once I know more about Sunday.

Thanks!

Back