Concave Reef

I'm sorry what I meant to ask about was the wood laminate that is on the front wall. It has a really nice look to it and it looks like it was pre finished. What kind of material is it? Does it just glue on? Is it made to be a wall covering or is it narrowed form something else?

Thanks

We're loving keeping up with this one.

Hello Kevin and Nadine,

I am so sorry for the late reply. I am so busy here with my office and the reef build!!!!

This wood laminate is called here for "Formica", it is a kind of simple wood laminate that we can choose the color and the texture to use. It is just glue on and ready. We can use to covering walls and for other covers, but always for cover ups!!!!!

Rgds

Daniel

Hello Guys,

How are you?

I would like to apologize all of you guys that I do no answer your questions, but unfortunately at this moment I do not have a lot of time to do that by working reasons. I also apologize to everyone that I could not respond individually and kindly ask you guys that any technical questions not answered in the post will be send for me by private message.

I thank you very much for all of you the endearments in the realization of this project. I wish for all of you the same to your projects!!!!!!

Now, an update of how the project was completed in March/15:

Measures in centimeters, meters and liters:

Display: 3.30m (concave frontal side) x 86cm (first sides) x 96cm (second sides) x 3.10m (back side) x 70cm (height) "“ Maximum width along the aquarium 150cm - Minimum width along the aquarium 110 - Approximate average width along the aquarium 130cm.
2 Overflows connected to the aquarium back glass with the following measure for each one: 61cm x 10cm x 25cm
Sump nº 1: 131cm x 80cm x 70cm
Sump nº 2: 121cm x 80cm x 70cm
Siporax reservoir: 200cm x 88cm x 50cm
Frags aquarium: 100cm x 65cm x 50cm
Frags aquarium overflow: 13cm x 65cm x 25cm
RO/DI reservoir: 135cm x 65cm x 50cm

The total volume of the system is approximately 5000l

Equipments:

Display circulation: 8 Vortechs MP 40 + discharge of return pump in opposite sides of the reef
Skimmers: 2 skimmers Deltec TC3070 feed each one for an Ehein 3000l/h
Siporax material: 300l
UV: Aquamedic 120W feed by a Bubble Blaster 10000l/h
Ozone: Schuran air dryer, Korallenwunder ozonizer of 500mg/h connected to ORP Tunze device and also connected to a ReefOctopus ozone reactor, feed by an Ehein 5000l/h
Chiller: 2 Gelaqua (Brazilian brand) Split de 1+1/2 HP + "œFish Room" conditioned
Heating: 4000w Jalli Titanium
Management computer system of the reef: Apex Neptune
Return pump: Reeflo Dart/Snap 14000l/h external
Calcium Reactor: Deltec PF601S
RO/DI: Sediment filter "“ carbon "“ pressurizing pump - osmosis reverse 200gpd "“ MB400 resin "“ tap water "“ pressurized reservoir "“ mechanical valves
Lightning: Inicial tests with Ai Vega

Quarantine:

Display: 70cm x 70cm x 60cm
Sump: 65cm x 65cm x 35cm
Skimmer: ATB 1260
Return pump: Ehein 3000l/h
Chiller: Conditioned room
Lightning: Maxspect
Siporax: 10l
Heating: 300w Jalli titanium

keep going with the updates!!!!!!

The story begins here. In these two overflows (see the picture) the water starts its way to the sump.
DSC_1281_zps2a76c472.jpg

The water falls by an hydraulic system
DSC_1280_zpsc06921d8.jpg

Passing, by gravity, under these grids in the soil
DSC_1279_zpse8b1a859.jpg

Until reach the first sump
DSC_1285_zps92a1b8f3.jpg

DSC_1286_zpsc2b13aa5.jpg

This picture is from the first sump. Notice that all of feeding pumps from frags reef, uv, ozone, siporax and chiller are located in this compartment
DSC_1252_zpsb891c9f7.jpg

DSC_1254_zps2e867044.jpg

Skimmers running
DSC_1262_zps0b5582dd.jpg

DSC_1260_zps0542af35.jpg

Keep going!!!!

Calcium reactor
DSC_1257_zpse023ab7d.jpg

Ph control system for calcium reactor
DSC_1263_zps88c76e56.jpg

Ozone system
DSC_1266_zps2f1b30eb.jpg

DSC_1267_zpse94f0048.jpg

Frags reef useful as an observatory reef for fishes that get out of the quarantine
DSC_1264_zps477e3565.jpg

RO/DI system
DSC_1269_zps5f0f5390.jpg

Water change system
DSC_1271_zps7f7e4225.jpg

Siporax reservoir
DSC_1275_zps3d681918.jpg

General picture of the fish room and the quarantine tank
DSC_1276_zps4c5484de.jpg

Keep going!!!!!

General picture 2 of fish room
DSC_1277_zps6cdb3976.jpg

Return pump from the second sump
20130622_192116_zps2e94a8ee.jpg

Returning underneath the floor to the display
DSC_1290_zps5589f054.jpg

Well, although I like leds lighting the initial choice of keeping the reef, which is facing to SPSs, with AI Vegas did not show good results. So, after a lot of tests following strict orientations from AI company, I opted for a new lighting system based on T5 lamps. Soon, post more updates on!!!!!!!!

Hugs to all !!!!!!

Daniel

I think I will speak for everyone, that we missed you here:)
the dream build came true, inspirtion for me to the future for sure::)

michael

Doctor Daniel Prado, what excellence and what brilliant planning. This is my first post on the forum. I'm a reefer and professional footballer all the way in South Africa. I had to comment on your project as this is a real inspiration to me. I am currently building a new home with a large aquarium as my main feature in my home. Your build has showed me a lot of things I can learn and implement in my build. Thanks for this thread.

Doctor Daniel Prado, what excellence and what brilliant planning. This is my first post on the forum. I'm a reefer and professional footballer all the way in South Africa. I had to comment on your project as this is a real inspiration to me. I am currently building a new home with a large aquarium as my main feature in my home. Your build has showed me a lot of things I can learn and implement in my build. Thanks for this thread.

Hello Biller,

How are you my friend?

Please, call me just Daniel!!!!!!

Oh, South África. I love your country!!!! I have been in Johannesburg, Kruger, Cape Town, amazing places!!!!!!

Please, if I can help you on the build is just message me!!!!!!

Rfds

Daniel

Hi Daniel, great build, detail and excellent thread, i am from south africa, i see you have visited :)

look forward to updates

Back