Concave Reef

Hello Guys,

It was a long time since my last message here.

For those who followed this topic, a few comments:

It was at least 10 years of hard work here trying to run the reef. However, the system was not adjust and the corals always died.

I've been an reefer for the last 30 years and I've had several healthy marine reefs and I did not understand what happened here.

I tried everything, EVERYTHING, to find the problem, but I couldn’t find it. I changed the reef keeping method, the pumps, the glass, the sand bed…. everything!!!

Fortunately, at the beginning of this year, I remembered one of the last pieces of the equipment that I hadn't replaced yet. The heaters.

When I touched them, a kind of black rubber got my hand dirty. I forgot to tell you guys that I have had an old Triton test showing high Carbon levels in the reef.

At that same time, I realized that I had solved the problem. The black rubber increased the Carbon tank level’s. So, I take off the heaters.

The reef reborn!!!!! Everything is back to how it was before!!!!!

ASAP, I will post a lot of detail pictures of the Concave Reef nowadays. Today, only an overall idea.

Many thanks,

Daniel

IMG_5582.jpeg

IMG_5584.jpeg

IMG_5611.jpeg

At that same time, I realized that I had solved the problem. The black rubber increased the Carbon tank level’s. So, I take off the heaters.

The reef reborn!!!!! Everything is back to how it was before!!!!!
Excellent news. The tank looks fantastic 👏

Back