My 1300 gallon addiction: A Miami reef build story.

The baby was born in May, right? If I am remembering that right, he's almost out of the suckiest part. Give him a couple more weeks. :wildone:

Hey guys!!! Sorry about the delay, it's been a bit crazy lately and this is the first time I've been able to jump on RC in weeks!

Yeah MuShu, having the baby is, although amazing, a total time warp...most of the time I don't even know what day of the week it is.

The tank is doing well, except that I lost both the blonde naso and Achilles I tried introducing. The powder blue attacked the Achilles bad and even after I pulled him out to QT (no easy feat in that size display), I think the stress caused ich and he only lasted 2-4 more days.

I recently lost the grafted monti from WWC which was a major bummer, and I honestly don't know what caused it to bleach out literally within 36 hours. The parameters have been fine and my nitrates and phosphates remain at zero. I didn't think it was the lights, as it had been in the tank a few weeks already and was steadily encrusting...I guess just happens no matter what you do sometimes. I guess I'll have to search out another!

I promise to post pics ASAP!!!!!

Stress does not cause ICH.

You either have ich in your main display or in your quarantine.

Kids are time and money warps, but they are a riot.

Congrats on the baby!! Bummer about the losses. Way it goes sometimes. Sometimes your best bet is to put a few tangs in at once so that the aggression is spread out. Good to see your back!

Dang, that sucks you lost the naso and achilles. It's odd since you have such a large tank. Did you try having them in a breeder box or anything for a while or did they go right in after QT?

For those of you wanting pics, here are some videos. Let me know if you cant see them.
Enjoy!

https://vimeo.com/178921800

https://vimeo.com/178921932

https://vimeo.com/178922093

ffd47cac11e9019cb3a537b1208baed8.jpg

a52aa154217dfbdaf389a70214ebda91.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love the last pic. Same thing I used to do with my twins lmao. How do you do maintenance on the lower parts of the tank? That has me spooked loo

Ahhh, the beauty of a large tank. It's one thing to see the size of the tank based off the fish size... it's another to see the size of the tank with a human standing by.

Beautiful.

Check these out taken last night!!

They were rescued from a pretty much neglected tank and are now loving life. They moved from a 1 bedroom house to the penthouse suite at the Ritz Carlton..265gl to a 1000gl.

Super personably and love coming right up to you if your standing in front of the tank. It almost seems like they like to show off. BEAUTIFUL!

d0c55193616d4030eb9d6dc92e091aa1.png

937110cdc004c7978372ac2433e34f57.png

f494fe81d122419d6578e89cfd2eb614.png

1efd17474c4aa4ec30fa26baa407440c.png

Nice find. It's like the tangpalooza tank. Good thing they've been together so the aggression will be minimal.

Wonderful tank indeed but seems like you have yellow cyno break on sand. Due to hight of the tank you should find some way for aggressive bottom circulation.
Brgds

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back