Sacramento Area Stores

Thanks guys for helping to get this thread Sticky'D If there are any other stores, just send me a pm or whatever and I will get it added!

This is a nice feature especially when you are traveling around and go, "oh wait a second, there is a few stores along the way that would be nice to see what they have..." ;)

visiting the area, but which stores to visit?

visiting the area, but which stores to visit?

Hi All

I'll be in the Sacramento area Dec 22 - Dec 30 visiting relatives (in Auburn, actually) and I might have some down time to check out an LFS or two.

Given that time constraint, which two or three stores would you recommend for exotic sps and/or fish? If they ship, I 'd be looking to purchase.

I'll probably make it over to Atlantis if I can.

Thanks

Ken

Check out Your Reef, Coral Reef Shop, and if you can make it all the way down there, Jo Jo's. Not sure if any of them ship though. Call to find out

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11193560#post11193560 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by jeweldamsel
Your Reef has plenty of cool corals. Exotic Aquarium has the biggest selection and good price in town.

I was there at Exotic yesterday and they have a new sps frags set up. No frags yet but looks very impressive.

Any other good suggestions of a good LFS?

It depends on what you are looking for. For the healthiest selection of reef livestock, we are so lucky that Yourreef is local,

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11431178#post11431178 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by kdblove_99
Agree Your Reef is the bomb

Their prices on zoa's are getting a little crazy though, $15-25 per polyp....:eek:

I've seen polyps go for $50 bucks per. I think the whole polyp thing is crazy, but oh well. I have a few of those goodies as well.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10915951#post10915951 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by BBCoach4
The new EG place is owned by the same family that owns CRS. Probably opening in January. Should be a nice shop.

Has it open yet?

That is what I saw yesterday when I stopped by and talked to Ken. He said he would be open by the end of the month, if not before. He mentioned that yesterday was his last day of construction and they would be starting clean-up and final prep for opening the doors this week.

I went to one yesterday in Rocklin i think it was I completely forgot the name of it though. it's across the street from Sac Koi I was picking up a new UV Light for the 10,000g pond and I walked and was thoroughly impressed they had really decent prices a very good staff and a huge livestock selection... TONS of beautiful SPS also=) there were a few that were RTNing though... But I was very impressed and almost walked out with a acrylic 60g RR cube with stand and canopy for $800 but Im still debating on that or a 65RR or just waiting since Im moving in 9months then I can setup a 240 or bigger when I move..=)

But I give that place that I can't remember the name of off of Taylor Rd. a thumbs up!!!

This is the one Im talking about!!!!

Aqua Life Aquarium Services

I've been to all the other local ones in the last few weeks and this one impressed me the most

Yeah aqua life rocked

Back