5.56 225 Peninsula reboot

Yeah, for sure, my co-worker got it bad. He was hospitalized and on disability for a month. Doc says he needs to use oxygen tank for awhile. So I actually volunteered in a covid vaccine clinical trial in Anaheim. I'm like a guinea pig now. But this covid vaccine is one of few vaccines that is slated for lower income countries because it uses older protein technology so it more affordable to produce.
I signed up to donate conversant plasma, I haven't heard back.

As long as you have your health, Your tank will make a comeback. Although it does suck to see all your hard work and money gone like that.

I look at the tank and I have gone through 3 X200 gallon boxes of salt in the last month doing WC's and I just wonder if I even want to get it going again. It's going to be a year or two before I have anything even close to what was lost.

Once I start putting live animals in it. There's responsibility again..

I signed up to donate conversant plasma, I haven't heard back.

I try to donate plasma at my local American Red Cross regularly and they actively seek convalescent plasma. I'm sure you'll hear back soon enough.

I'm not a regular poster on this forum but have always been a daily lurker. Followed your tank build post-by-post. Wish you the best of luck and hope you find the motivation to get it back up and running soon.

I'm not a regular poster on this forum but have always been a daily lurker. Followed your tank build post-by-post. Wish you the best of luck and hope you find the motivation to get it back up and running soon.

Thank you, and I do mean that.

I just treated the tank with Fluconazole....a few algae that could be bryopsis and I want to hit it when it's weak.

So how's it going over there now?

Picked up 2 purple tangs and a yellow and a chorus wrass used + 14 baby perculas.

Went through this diatom and cyano bloom. Now going through a green algae bloom... I think that means the tank is getting closer to ready for SPS. Perhaps another month.

Been busy doing this, the season is over so I’m pulling the engine and trans this weekend. Trans just gets freshened up but the engine is being replaced with a turbo engine. If you think fish tanks is expensive, you should try building a turbo engine with MoTeC electronics.

(Watch in full screen)

Well, I think the tank is turning the corner.

The cyano is just a fragment of the blankets it was just 2 weeks ago and thanks to a generous reefer on another site who gave me a culture of Thalassiosira weissflogii the Dino’s are almost completely gone!

I have a few fish and I am feeding less than 1/4 of what I was when the tank was thriving but the skimmer is pulling more gunk now in 3 days than it used to in 2-3 weeks. I think it’s all part of the process. Once the skimmer gets back to normal production I think it’s time to start stocking coral again.

I have a few frags for you. Your tort from the grow out, a small Vivid Confetti, and prob a couple other small frags I can spare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Hector is going to be running 3 Honda Civics with spoon engines. And on top of that, he just went into Harry's, and he ordered 3 T66 turbos, with NOS. And a Motec system exhaust."

Anyone?? No? Just me?
Okay I'll see myself out..

Sorry I got excited when I read "turbo engines with Motec"

Glad your tank is taking a turn for the better!

"Hector is going to be running 3 Honda Civics with spoon engines. And on top of that, he just went into Harry's, and he ordered 3 T66 turbos, with NOS. And a Motec system exhaust."

Anyone?? No? Just me?
Okay I'll see myself out..

Sorry I got excited when I read "turbo engines with Motec"

Glad your tank is taking a turn for the better!

Right? It’s like an apex and halides. I actually have a NOS system I’m selling.

I decided to stick with MoTeC for the ECU but I need to upgrade it s I can use a flexsensor since its going to be an E85 engine. AIM PDM, dash and keypad.

I meant to take some photos this weekend but I was too busy working on this:

Replaced both the stub axles with chromoly one pice, rebuilt the hub bearings, upgraded the cooling fan and installed a fresh transmission and new chromoly axels

3Gbl1h.jpg

91jdZC.jpg

43EWQH.jpg

KIdjJ3.jpg

x61zhr.jpg

Saturday was my birthday and I texted my mom some tank photos. The tester coral are surviving but my chemistry is still off. NO3 is 3ppm, PO4 is begrudgingly slipping down to .38 PPM but started at .9ppm calcium is 500 and all is still 10.5. Burnt some tips. Lost 3 in transit but I'll be ready to start stocking SPS soon!

the mix of fish I have is probably the best I have ever had. Very active and colorful with minimal aggression. Very relaxing

HAS8mV.jpg

eF9td2.jpg

PINWCj.jpg

Well, ATI came bas with dramatically elevated levels of Antimony, I think it was from the cheep bulk carbon I got from eBay to export all the nutrients from January’s sterilizing crash.

I added fresh coconut carbon and per randy homes Farley suggestion, GFO and the corals started popping and bicarbonate consumption has picked up dramatically. Things are looking good!!!!

I’ll post some photos soon but the family has decided we want a boat and that is an all consuming and frustrating endeavor. It’s like I’m the buyer on an episode of “flip this house” except it’s a boat and people are trying to make a few bucks on mediocre boats they just bought a few months ago put some hours on and want to cash in for a few extra bucks.

Mark, what kinda boat are you looking for? I have a 19' ski boat I want to sell. Hasn't run since 2017. Prob needs a little work but seems like you could easily handle it. Lmk if you're interested. BTW I'm in the process of getting back in and reading through your two reboots has been very helpful!

Mark, what kinda boat are you looking for? I have a 19' ski boat I want to sell. Hasn't run since 2017. Prob needs a little work but seems like you could easily handle it. Lmk if you're interested. BTW I'm in the process of getting back in and reading through your two reboots has been very helpful!

Sorry, I missed this post. I had been looking at scarabs and fountains, even an eliminator but ended up with a 24' Hallett blown and inter cooled merc 525SC with 11 hrs on the engine and drive. It was more than I wanted to spend but Halletts come up so infrequently I had to jump on it.

oRhfEU.jpg

vYvh5F.jpg

oNmXhd.jpg

My tank is just clicking along, I've been busy sprucing up the boat and the sand car. Doing water testing this evening, working Saturday I'll try to snap some pics Saturday night.

I was having real trouble gettin the tank to run on all 8 cylinders but an ICP test prompted me to run some pollyfilter and new carbon a few weeks ago and now the tank is going off!

sprucing up the boat and the sand car. Doing water testing this evening, working Saturday I'll try to snap some pics Saturday

Sent from my LLD-AL10 using Tapatalk

Back