Schnitzel's Shallow Leemar 250

Wow, tank looks great!

Why did you ditch the Radions?
Also, how are the returns plumbed into the top of the tank.....meaning what is done from the eurobracing into the water?

I am going from a central overflow to ghost overflow and still planning what to do with my returns and I like that setup but just wondering what is actually running down to the water level.

Wow, tank looks great!

Why did you ditch the Radions?
Also, how are the returns plumbed into the top of the tank.....meaning what is done from the eurobracing into the water?

I am going from a central overflow to ghost overflow and still planning what to do with my returns and I like that setup but just wondering what is actually running down to the water level.

Ditched the radions because I wasn't happy with color and growth out of my acros. Most of my common acros looked great, but i wanted everything to look great. T5 is a proven way to go.

The returns go into a bulkhead in the eurobracing. Then I have a threaded nipple and a 90* elbow. Plumbing is 1.25" all the way to the bulkhead, then it's reduced to 1".

Ditched the radions because I wasn't happy with color and growth out of my acros. Most of my common acros looked great, but i wanted everything to look great. T5 is a proven way to go.

The returns go into a bulkhead in the eurobracing. Then I have a threaded nipple and a 90* elbow. Plumbing is 1.25" all the way to the bulkhead, then it's reduced to 1".

Interesting. I have a 225 gal, 72x27x27 and I'm building my canopy and I have 2 Kessil AP700s and going to add T-5s and a Reefbrite XHO to supplement.

Thanks for the info on your returns, I like that idea way better than just 90* into the tank. Now I just have to see if my eurobracing will allow it.

Acros look great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Question. What do you have under your tank that allows you to move it while it's full of water, rock, and sand? I currently have easy access behind my tank but when I move it will be flush to the wall and would love to be able to slide it out if the need ever occurs....

Question. What do you have under your tank that allows you to move it while it's full of water, rock, and sand? I currently have easy access behind my tank but when I move it will be flush to the wall and would love to be able to slide it out if the need ever occurs....

Tank was empty when I moved it. Tank would slide on my floor when it was empty. No way you could move my tank when it's full

Had my canopy down to cut open some vents for the new T5s. Decided to snap a couple pics. They are all shot with my iPhone under all blue Reefbrite XHO

I cut out big sections of the top of my canopy and drilled some holes in the front part. Now my t5s are staying cool and I don't need any fans to keep them cool. If I closed my canopy the fixtures would over heat and dim down.

I know it looks ugly, but nobody will see it, so I didn't spend any time trying to make it look nice.

Got my avast calcium reactor second chamber all hooked up today. Really helps scrub any excess co2 out of the water before it hits the tank.

What kind of changes have you noticed so far with the lighting switch up to T5?

-YELLOWS!!!
I had almost no yellow coming from my acros. Switch to T5s, and it's seems almost over night BOOM yellows pop up.

-Growth has been another change I've noticed. Some acros that have only grown a few inches in 6 months, have grown a few inches in a just 1 month. And that is with making no other changes to the tank.
-less cyano algae. Not sure what was causing it, but I was getting a lot of cyano growth with my radions.
-in general almost all of my acros look better. Deeper colors. More vibrant. Not one of my acros looked better under radions. Even my lps look much better.

Crazy nice set up!
I'm slowly inching my way into the LTF..
I love those shots under the reef brights
There is something the blue + type bulbs do that really accentuates yellow/orange.
Looking really good!
Can you take some pics under your t5 as well?
I've said this before but I personally feel that it isn't that the corals change colors under t5 as opposed to leds, it's just the added spectral output of t5 which bring out more varieties of color and intensify in the corals.
Simply put, t5 shows them off better..
Also, why are you using just component b from AF's component system? Or I guess what I mean is what's in component b specifically?

Crazy nice set up!
I'm slowly inching my way into the LTF..
I love those shots under the reef brights
There is something the blue + type bulbs do that really accentuates yellow/orange.
Looking really good!
Can you take some pics under your t5 as well?
I've said this before but I personally feel that it isn't that the corals change colors under t5 as opposed to leds, it's just the added spectral output of t5 which bring out more varieties of color and intensify in the corals.
Simply put, t5 shows them off better..
Also, why are you using just component b from AF's component system? Or I guess what I mean is what's in component b specifically?

I will definitely get some better pics with just T5s. At the time I took the pics, my canopy was completely off the tank, and the only thing I had for light was the 2 XHO reebrites.

I had t5s with my LEDs, but I was only using 6-80w T5s staggered on my 8' tank. It wasn't enough T5 to make a difference. But even when I ran all T5s just for fun, there was never any yellow in my corals. 2 weeks after installing my ATI fixtures, is when the yellow started showing up.

Perfect example is this yellow acro hiding under the branch of that other green acro. It was actually 100% purple in my tank with LEDs. But When I originally bought it, it was yellow.

Well, you are certainly getting nice colors, now..
Your sexy tenuis collection is as Biggles would say scrumdidilicious!

Looking damn fine. You have some nice sized colonies going in there.
Looking forward to a full spectrum photobomb! :)

Back