Schnitzel's Shallow Leemar 250

Got this on Amazon prime day $33

A little upgrade to the standard Apex display. I'm gunna mount it under my stand. It will be used for the sole purpose of controlling my tank.

I finally mounted my reefbrites. I feel like an idiot, I didn't realize the brackets that came with the Reefbrites mounted right to the Sunpower. I was trying to figure out all these elaborate ways of mounting them, and after a couple minutes on RC I found a thread explaining how to mount them. [emoji849][emoji379]

Didn't add a ton of shimmer, but it does make the tank look a little more blue, and makes my acros POP so much more. Don't regret spending the extra bucks for these at all. They are a great addition to T5s!!

Beautiful looking tank! You are going to need some clean-up crew for the sand, though. With such a shallow substrate you may want to go with a couple of conchs.

Dave.M

Love your tank!
Really nice colours and placement.
When it grows out even more, it's going to be just incredible.

I finally mounted my reefbrites. I feel like an idiot, I didn't realize the brackets that came with the Reefbrites mounted right to the Sunpower. I was trying to figure out all these elaborate ways of mounting them, and after a couple minutes on RC I found a thread explaining how to mount them. [emoji849][emoji379]

Didn't add a ton of shimmer, but it does make the tank look a little more blue, and makes my acros POP so much more. Don't regret spending the extra bucks for these at all. They are a great addition to T5s!!

Which ATI fixtures did you end up going with here? I am considering swapping out my LED's on my 72x 30x27 to this T5 / Reefbrite setup.

8x80w would be the 60" fixture. Would that give me enough coverage compared to using 2 36" fixtures?

I know that one doesn't have the dimming capability. Do you find yourself using that feature? Also, what bulb combination are you using?

Thanks, for your help. You're tank is doing a very good job at convincing me to switch!

Last edited:
8x80w would be the 60" fixture. Would that give me enough coverage compared to using 2 36" fixtures?

I know that one doesn't have the dimming capability. Do you find yourself using that feature? Also, what bulb combination are you using?

Thanks, for your help. You're tank is doing a very good job at convincing me to switch!

Yea I think the 8x80w would be plenty. If you plan on adding a reefbrite, you can get the dimmer and there's no need for the dimming function on the T5s. Remember ATI fixtures need a few inches at the end for proper cooling. Having 1 fixture will leave proper room for cooking.

Would you kindly share your lighting setup? Bulb combo and lighting schedule? Your colors are insane. Beautiful tank.

Back